Hyatt Place Boston Seaport District
Hyatt & McWHINNEY developing new Hyatt Place in Boston's Seaport District
Scheduled for Spring 2020 – 294 Rooms
Hyatt Place Boston Seaport District is expected to open in the spring of 2020 with 294 guestrooms with 6,800 square feet of restaurant space on the ground floor of the hotel. Hotel amenities will include:
- 294 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play
- A rooftop 24-hour Gym
- Rooftop lounge/private event space
- Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, a hot breakfast available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Elevated outdoor courtyard
- Green Roof
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Meeting Spaces will offer 4,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
"McWHINNEY is thrilled to be entering the Boston market with this exciting Hyatt Place Boston Seaport District hotel project," said McWHINNEY Co-Founder and CEO Chad McWhinney. "This development will feature modern hotel rooms for those visiting the area and great new restaurant gathering places for both guests and locals to enjoy."
A Hyatt affiliate will manage the hotel, which will highlight the Seaport District's historic port activity and nautical design theme created by Boston's Group One Partners.
"The revitalization of the Seaport District over the past decade has brought major developments like the Institute of Contemporary Art, Fan Pier and Liberty Wharf to Boston residents. Hyatt Place Boston Seaport District will add a new upscale hotel offering to this vibrant area of Boston, providing guests close proximity to the World Trade Center complexes, the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center and a thriving business community," said Stephen Kallaher, vice president of real estate and development for Hyatt. "We're thrilled to team up with McWHINNEY - together, our collaboration in this hotel speaks volumes about the strength of Boston's economy and the appeal of the Seaport neighborhood."
Located in the heart of Seaport across the street from the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion outdoor concert venue, the mixed-use development will also feature a luxury apartment complex and more than 400 underground parking spaces.
"The Parcel K development will provide needed hotel rooms and housing, continuing our progress towards our housing goal and supporting our local economy," said Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh. "The project will be built with climate resiliency and sustainability at the forefront, critically important as we prepare Boston's waterfront infrastructure for climate change."
Suffolk Construction is the general contractor for all components of the development and Arrowstreet serves as the Project Architect.
"As the South Boston Waterfront continues to evolve, Massport is committed to smart, well-planned, resilient projects," said Massport CEO Thomas P. Glynn. "We look forward to seeing the positive impact this development has on the local economy and this incredibly dynamic neighborhood."
Currently, there are more than 315 Hyatt Place hotels in operation globally. For more information, please visit hyattplace.com.