Motto by Hilton Atlanta Old Fourth Ward
Motto by Hilton Announces First U.S. Hotel Signing in Atlanta’s Old Fourth Ward Neighborhood
Scheduled for Summer 2019 – 125 Rooms
Situated at 40 Boulevard NE, the 125-room Motto by Hilton Atlanta Old Fourth Ward is part of Waldo's, an $80 million modern mixed-use development project, which will also include 13,000 square feet of food and beverage space, 120,000 square feet of commercial space and 10 residential units. The development will include a speakeasy, full-service restaurant and food stalls in the courtyard. The space will be designed by global architecture firm TVSDESIGN, with the hotel interiors designed by Hirsch Bender & Associates. The development is led by Lucror Resources and Sixty West with financing partner Sixty West Opportunity Zone Fund and project management team DaVinci. The hotel will be operated by Hospitality Ventures Management Group (HVMG), an Atlanta-based, private hotel investment, ownership and management company.
One of Atlanta's most historic neighborhoods, the Old Fourth Ward is home to iconic landmarks, including Martin Luther King Jr.'s childhood home, Ebenezer Baptist Church and the Jimmy Carter Library and Museum. Commonly referred to as the "O4W," the ever-evolving area has become a destination for those seeking more urban and cultural adventures around town, including Ponce City Market, nightlife along Edgewood Avenue, access to the Atlanta BeltLine's Eastside trail, street art, local markets and popular dining destinations. The region itself brings in more than 52 million visitors annually.
The Motto Way
Similar to other Motto by Hilton properties around the world, Motto Atlanta Old Fourth Ward will show off its flexibility through spaces that have been cleverly designed, technology that makes traveling seamless and an elevated sleep experience that will make recharging easier than ever. Key elements will include:
- Guest Rooms: With an average footprint of 163 square feet, the highly efficient rooms will include space-saving features such as wall beds, lofted beds, segmented shower and toilet stalls, and multi-use furniture.
- Linking Rooms: Eliminating the hassle of coordinating travel for larger groups, Motto hotels will have the option for guests to book multiple connecting rooms in advance, an innovative and patent-pending feature.
- Connected Room Technology: All Motto rooms will be outfitted with Hilton's Connected Room technology - the first mobile-centric hotel offering that allows guests to control features in their room (i.e., temperature, lighting, TV, window coverings, etc.) in addition to digital check-in, digital key and digital check-out from their Hilton Honors mobile app.
- Elevated Sleep Experience: Motto hotels will put an emphasis on an elevated sleep experience. Whether it is a premium mattress, white noise app, blackout window shades or sound absorbing materials throughout the room, the brand prioritizes quality sleep for every traveler.
- Motto Commons:The Commons is a dynamic, activated community hub that will be used by guests and locals for work and play and will have varied seating types (work, group, lounge), convenient power plugs, and offer coffee, a bar and check in. The Motto Commons features a flexible design to capture the essence of the space and accommodate the likes of food stalls for local vendors, speakeasies, bars and local coffee partners.