Cambria Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront
Fifth Cambria Hotel In Washington, DC, Metro Area Breaks Ground
The milestone was marked at an event attended by local dignitaries and area business leaders. Featured speakers included:
- D.C. Councilman Charles Allen
- Pat Pacious, president and CEO, Choice Hotels International
- Evan Weisman, executive vice president, Donohoe Development Company
- Fredrica Kramer, co-chair, Near Southeast/Southwest Community Benefits Coordinating Council
- Thomas Penny, III, president, Donohoe Hospitality Services
Planned at 69 Q St. SW, the Cambria Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront will be situated in a rapidly redeveloping area of the city within walking distance to Nationals Park and the new Audi Field soccer stadium. The future hotel will be within three miles of the U.S. Capitol, the National Mall, Smithsonian museums and other major attractions, as well as the popular mixed-use development Yards Park. The Cambria hotel will be a short walk from the Navy Yard Metro Station, which will connect guests to destinations in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia, including Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
The Cambria Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront will feature brand hallmarks tailored to the needs of modern travelers, including:
- Locally inspired design: following a local resident's suggestion, the cornice from the site's original row house will be salvaged and installed above the reception desk to honor the past, present and future of Southwest D.C.
- A ground level restaurant and scenic rooftop lounge with a 3,500-square-foot terrace
- Contemporary and sophisticated guestrooms, complete with modern fixtures, abundant lighting, and plush bedding
- Immersive, spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors
- Onsite dining with a menu featuring freshly prepared food, local craft beer on tap, wine, and specialty cocktails
- 2,500 square feet of multi-function meeting space
- State-of-the-art fitness center
The Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront is the newest project of well-known D.C. developer Donohoe Development with co-developer Koucar Management. The hotel is one of four Cambria hotels under development by Koucar Management, one of the largest private real estate developers in the Midwest. Koucar Management celebrated the start of construction on Maine's first Cambria hotel less than six weeks ago and also has Cambria Hotels under construction in Detroit and Shelby Township, Michigan. BBGM Architects — an internationally renowned architecture and interior design firm — is the architect for the Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront. Donohoe Hospitality Services, one of the largest independent managers of premium and select-service hotels in the Washington, D.C. metro area, will manage the new hotel. The Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Capitol Riverfront will be the second Cambria Hotel in the Donohoe Hospitality portfolio.
There are currently more than 45 Cambria hotels open across the U.S. in popular cities, such as Chicago; Dallas; Los Angeles; Nashville, Tennessee; New York; New Orleans; and Phoenix. The brand is on pace to break its openings record for the second-straight year and is fast approaching 50 open Cambria hotels, including a soon-to-open property in Anaheim, California.
For more information on Choice Hotels development opportunities, visit choicehotelsdevelopment.com.