Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts to Debut in Dana Point, California, With Conversion of Monarch Beach Resort
Rebranding – 400 Rooms
Monarch Beach Resort, long renowned for its unforgettable experiences and unparalleled standard of hospitality, aligns perfectly with the Waldorf Astoria brand ethos, which invites guests to Live Unforgettable.
With its picturesque setting just 60 miles south of Los Angeles, the resort is nestled hillside along the coast of Dana Point and offers panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. Equal parts sophisticated, approachable and intimate, Monarch Beach Resort has a personality that fits perfectly with the playful coastal lifestyle of the area.
Guestrooms and Suites
A coastal palette of cool blues, greens and crisp whites distinguish the exquisitely appointed 400 guest rooms and suites. All rooms feature lavish textiles, comfortable chaise lounges, ocean-inspired artwork, and marble top armoires to complement the full marble baths. Modern patio furniture adorns the balconies off every room and suite, and first-floor patios feature fire pits for true beach lifestyle. Bluetooth-enabled alarm clocks and flat screen televisions allow guests to seamlessly sync phones or tablets to play music and stream movies.
Offering an unmatched level of world-class amenities, resort guests and club members can access coastal paths leading to seaside bluffs and exclusive access to the private beach club, via a scenic Monarch Beach Resort tram ride. An expansive outdoor pool area includes the Monarch Pool, a family pool and two infinity-edge ocean view Jacuzzis that seamlessly spill into the stunning seascape, private cabanas with built-in music, stocked outdoor mini-bars, and outdoor fire pits for evening relaxation. An award-winning, oceanfront 18-hole golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., welcomes golf enthusiasts.
The 30,000 square foot Spa at Monarch Beach Resort provides guests and members with an expansive wellness and spa experience inspired by the resort's oceanfront location and rooted in practices that deliver a healthy lifestyle. With 24 treatment rooms and suites, the spa offers more than 70 signature treatments and wellness programs, a lap pool, boutique, Dana Point's only Drybar salon and Deborah Lippmann nail studio. More than 40 weekly fitness, yoga and meditation classes are offered, including beach yoga.
A one-of-a-kind Southern California escape, the resort boasts seven culinary options, perfect for every palate:
- Bourbon Steak Orange County is Michael Mina's acclaimed restaurant concept, known for its modern, seasonal take on the classic steakhouse dining experience.
- AVEO Table + Bar features a Mediterranean concept that embraces the seasonal bounty of the Californian coastline, including a "Farm-to-Bar" approach and ocean views.
- The lobby lounge area 33˚North offers a bar, a living room salon and an ocean view outdoor patio.
- Exclusive to resort guests and members, the Monarch Bay Beach Club is an oceanfront bar and restaurant that showcases a refined yet approachable menu of seafood and coastal cuisine.
- Part & Parcel Market is a marketplace perfect for guests on the go with its wide selection of gourmet coffee, delectable pastries, freshly-made juices, smoothies, gelato and savory snacks served in a casual atmosphere and convenient location.
- Club 19 offers a Gastro Pub dining experience located at the 1st tee on the golf course, with an outdoor terrace warmed by a large fireplace and panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean.
- The poolside Mexi-Cali cantina Sombra serves authentic and fresh Mexican cuisine, such as fish tacos, inventive healthy salads and citrus-y ceviche.
Meetings & Events
With more than 30,000 square feet of indoor event space, Monarch Beach Resort offers meeting, event and wedding planners innovative and integrated technology capabilities, elegant venues and personalized menu options. The resort's expansive 60,000 square feet of outdoor event space includes a lush botanical garden, gazebos, spacious verdant lawns, and ocean view terraces.
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts guests can access additional benefits of Hilton Honors membership, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton's 18 distinct hotel brands. Members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive Member discount, and free Standard WiFi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app.
For more information about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, please visit newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria.
About Ohana Real Estate Investors
Ohana Real Estate Investors is a vertically integrated investment firm focused exclusively on the luxury hospitality space. Founded in 2009, the firm invests in debt and equity via commingled fund vehicles and separate accounts; it has invested in excess of $1.5 billion since inception. In addition to Monarch Beach Resort, which Ohana purchased in November 2019, the firm owns a collection of properties in some of the most sought-after locations in North America. Its portfolio includes Maravilla Los Cabos, Twin Dolphin Club, and Montage Hotels & Resorts in Deer Valley, Healdsburg, and Los Cabos. For more information, please visit www.ohanare.com.