Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Debuts in Dana Point, Calif., with Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club
Now open – 400 Rooms
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Hilton's (NYSE: HLT) iconic luxury hotel brand, today announced the debut of Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club, transforming the previous Monarch Beach Resort to the brand's newest coastal retreat in Dana Point, Calif. The award-winning AAA Five-Diamond resort in Orange County now invites guests to enjoy California-inspired, unforgettable experiences through the brand's elegant and highly personalized service approach.
The new Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club is nestled hillside along the coast and offers panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. With a private beach club, Monarch Bay Beach Club, resort guests and club members are invited to experience an elevated slice of California's beach culture with ocean activities as well as a beachfront bar and coastal-inspired restaurant. Equal parts sophisticated, approachable and intimate, Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club has a personality that fits perfectly with the playful coastal lifestyle of the area. Seamlessly bringing to life Waldorf Astoria's brand ethos, the resort will continue to offer unforgettable experiences and unparalleled standards of luxury service and hospitality.
Following Waldorf Astoria's legacy of effortless service and culinary expertise, Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club will offer best-in-class amenities and extensive dining program, including:
Guest Rooms and Suites
A coastal palette of cool blues, greens and crisp whites distinguish the exquisitely appointed 400 guest rooms and suites. All rooms feature lavish textiles, comfortable chaise lounges, ocean-inspired artwork, and marble top armoires to complement the full marble baths. Modern patio furniture adorns the balconies off every room and suite, and first-floor patios feature fire pits to evoke a true beach lifestyle. Bluetooth-enabled alarm clocks and flat screen televisions allow guests to seamlessly sync phones or tablets to play music and stream movies.
Offering an unmatched level of world-class amenities, resort guests and club members can access the private beach club via a scenic tram ride. An expansive outdoor pool area includes The Monarch Pool, The Family Pool and two infinity-edge ocean view whirlpool baths that spill into the stunning seascape, private cabanas with built-in music, stocked outdoor mini-bars, and outdoor fire pits for evening relaxation. An award-winning, oceanfront 18-hole golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., welcomes golf enthusiasts.
A one-of-a-kind Southern California escape, the resort boasts seven culinary options sure to suit the desires of any palate:
- Bourbon Steak Orange County is Michael Mina's acclaimed restaurant concept, known for its modern, seasonal take on the classic steakhouse dining experience.
- AVEO Table + Bar features a Mediterranean concept that embraces the seasonal bounty of the Californian coastline with a "Farm-to-Bar" approach and dramatic ocean views.
- The lobby lounge area 33˚North offers a bar, a living room salon and an outdoor patio complete with ocean view.
- Exclusive to resort guests and members, the Monarch Bay Beach Club is an oceanfront bar and restaurant that showcases a refined yet approachable menu of seafood and coastal cuisine.
- Part & Parcel Market is a marketplace perfect for guests on the go with its wide selection of gourmet coffee, delectable pastries, freshly-made juices, smoothies, gelato and savory snacks served in a casual atmosphere and convenient location.
- Club 19 offers a Gastro Pub dining experience located at the 1st tee on the golf course, with an outdoor terrace warmed by a large fireplace and panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean.
- The poolside Mexi-Cali cantina Sombra serves authentic and fresh Mexican cuisine, such as fish tacos, innovative healthy salads and citrus-y ceviche.
- Luxury In-Room Dining is offered with a fresh, coastal menu to enjoy a handcrafted, private meals in the comfort of each room or on the guest's private balcony or patio.
Spa and Wellness
Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club looks forward to welcoming an all new spa at the property, debuting in spring 2021. With health and wellness always a focus at the seaside retreat, Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club currently offers guests and members more than 40 weekly fitness, yoga and meditation classes as well as a 4,500 square foot Outdoor Athletic Pavilion.
Meetings & Events
With more than 30,000 square feet of indoor event space, Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club offers meeting, event and wedding planners innovative and integrated technology capabilities, elegant venues and personalized menu options. The resort's expansive 60,000 square-feet of outdoor event space include a lush botanical garden, gazebos, spacious verdant lawns, and ocean view terraces. Additionally, all meetings and events at the resort will be backed by Hilton EventReady with CleanStay, Hilton's elevated cleanliness and customer service program for meetings and events.
To emphasize Hilton's commitment to the health and safety of guests, Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club will also participate in the Hilton CleanStay Program with Lysol Protection to deliver an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection. Our elevated processes and Team Member training have been developed with RB, maker of Lysol and Dettol, to help guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay from check-in to check-out.