Cambria Hotels—an upscale brand franchised by Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH)—is adding New Haven, Connecticut to its growing lineup of coast to coast properties following today's opening of the Cambria Hotel New Haven University Area. The opening of the six-story, 130-room hotel is the brand's first property in Connecticut and joins the recently added Cambria Hotel Boston Somerville as well as soon-to-open Cambria Hotel Portland Downtown Old Port and Cambria Hotel Manchester South Windsor to fuel Cambria's rapid expansion across New England this year.
Located at 20 Dwight Street, the new Cambria hotel is ideally situated within walking distance to Yale University, as well as popular dining, shopping, and live entertainment in the city's historic downtown. In addition to providing guests with easy access to sought-after New Haven attractions, such as East Rock Park, Bradley Point, and Hammonasset Beach State Park, the hotel serves as the ideal home base for business travelers visiting top area employers including Amphernol, Assa Abloy, New Alliance Bank, and Southern Connecticut State University.
The Cambria Hotel New Haven University Area features upscale amenities and approachable indulgences that appeal to modern travelers, including:
- Multi-purpose indoor and outdoor spaces for productive work or relaxation.
- Locally inspired design and décor, reflecting the unique personality of the surrounding community, including artwork from local artists that highlight New Haven's history of innovation.- Contemporary and sophisticated guest rooms, complete with design forward fixtures, abundant lighting, and plush bedding.
- Immersive, spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors.- Onsite dining with freshly made food, local craft beer, wine, and specialty cocktails, as well as to-go options.
- Multi-function meeting and event spaces.
- State-of-the-art fitness center.
The Cambria Hotel New Haven University Area was developed in collaboration with HighSide Development, architect and interior designer, Baskervill, and general contractor, KBE Building Corporation. There are currently more than 60 Cambria hotels open across the U.S. in popular cities such as Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, New Orleans, and Phoenix, with nearly 70 hotels in the pipeline.
20 Dwight St
New Haven, CT 06511