Cornell Dean's Leadership Series | “Latin America’s Rise and its Impact on Tourism and Travel”
The Ritz-Carlton South Beach
Miami Beach - FL,
- At the 11th edition of the Dean's Leadership Series, presented by the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration (SHA), a panel of hospitality industry executives will discuss "Latin America's Rise and its Impact on Tourism and Travel." The event will be held Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at the Ritz-Carlton, South Beach in Miami, Florida, 6:00–7:30 p.m. A networking reception will follow the panel.
"The number of tourists and business leaders visiting the United States from Latin America has been steadily increasing in recent years, and each expert on our panel has extensive experience working with this dynamic market," said Michael D. Johnson, dean and E. M. Statler Professor at SHA. "Miami is a popular destination for these travelers, and it serves as one of the most important gateway cities to the rest of the country. We are excited to hold the next edition of the Dean's Leadership Series there in February."
Johnson will moderate the discussion, which will feature the following panelists:
- Pablo Azcarraga MPS '85, chairman and member of the board, Grupo Posadas
- Kenny Blatt '81, principal, Caribbean Property Group, LLC
- Isabelle Claver '97, director, PWC
- Wendy Kallergis, president and CEO, Greater Miami and the Beaches Hotel Association
- Paul Sistare, founder, CEO, and president, Atlantica Hotels International
- Peter Yesawich '72, MS '74, PhD '76, vice chairman, MMGY Global
Cornell Dean's Leadership Series | “Latin America’s Rise and its Impact on Tourism and Travel” is organized by