Web In Travel (WIT) Middle East
Sofitel The Palm Resort & Spa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
ME, the new frontier in online travel – a region of affluent, aspirational consumers and where the market is changing so fast that the difference between success and failure is the ability to understand the market and execute locally. And ME, where rapid smartphone adoption and Internet penetration are converging to create a new kind of “it’s all about me” customer, a more independent, aspirational and socially-savvy traveler.
Here are some facts on the opportunity.
- There are 110 million Internet users in MENA – 30 million are shopping online already*.
- Online spending in MENA is projected to grow from $9b in 2012 to $15b by 2015*.
- Travel is the biggest item bought online, an average $1,521 is spent each year*. Around 20-25% of travel transactions in the region currently take place online. **
- 10% of purchases are made on tablet or mobile, 90% on computers*
- The United Arab Emirates is the largest e-commerce market in the Middle East, with consumers spending $2.9 billion online last year.* And its travel market is the most mature, accounting for 47% of total market and 60% of the total travel market in the Middle East***.
Syazanah Haniff (Syaz)
Phone: +65 9185 9585