WIT Indonesia 2014
Jakarta , Indonesia
WIT Indonesia is the local edition of the signature WIT conference, based in Singapore. Held for the last nine years, it is the largest online travel gathering in Asia Pacific and brings together global and regional leaders to discuss the future of online travel. WIT Indonesia will be held in Jakarta on April 23. WIT Indonesia is organized jointly by WIT and Kibar Kreasi.
Indonesia, one of the four MINT countries picked out by former Goldman Sachs chairman Jim O’Neill, to watch, the other three being Mexico, Nigeria and Turkey. The reason is simple. Fourth largest population in the world, 250 million people, fifth largest domestic travel market and increasingly connected – 73m online population by the end of 2013, projected to grow to 83.6m this year and 93.4m by 2015. (*eMarketer, Indonesia Online, March 2013)
Here are some other facts that may interest you about Indonesia’s Internet population.
- It’s a young online population – 58.4% are 12-34 years old
- Females are beginning to catch up – 48.4% of Internet users as of Dec 2012
- The majority of Internet users have higher education
- While workers account for more than half of all users, the proportion of housewives is increasing due to the need to socialize, seek information or conduct business
- (Source: APJII, Profit Internet Indonesia, December 2012)
Syazanah Haniff (Syaz)
Phone: +65 9185 9585