Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Takes Top Honors in the New Zagat Survey
Travelers' Preferences Underscore Company's Leadership Position
TORONTO -- The results are in -- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is the top choice for globe-trotting travelers everywhere. In the first ever Zagat Survey of Top International Hotels, Resorts and Spas, the company garnered top honors. The findings underscore the position of Four Seasons as the world's leading luxury hotel company, known for providing anticipatory, personalized service throughout its 51 properties worldwide.
With a 29-point rating out of a possible 30 points, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts was named "Top Hotel Chain" in the world in the first Zagat Survey of Top International Hotels, Resorts & Spas, released in March 2001.
"This is truly an honor and one which we are proud to have earned," commented Isadore Sharp, chairman and CEO, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. "Four Seasons strives to be the best hotel in every location where we operate, and to be recognized in this manner by the participants in the Zagat Survey is a testament to our employees around the world, who make every effort to deliver personalized, intuitive service, consistently."
Results of the Survey were based on the ratings and reviews of more than 12,000 frequent travelers, including approximately 400 travel industry professionals. Surveyors rated properties for their rooms, service, dining and public spaces/facilities on Zagat's unique 30-point scale.
"Our Surveyors ranked Four Seasons the best hotel chain because each of its properties offers premiere style and out-of-this-world service," said Zagat Survey Co-Founder and Co-Chair Tim Zagat. "Guests know that the Four Seasons brand guarantees that they are going to have an incredible and unforgettable hotel experience."
Along with being named the world's leading hotel chain, Four Seasons also garnered these distinctions in the Survey:
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay holds the number-one slot on the "Top Ten Resorts" list, with Four Seasons Resort Nevis at number five.
- The Regent Chiang Mai, a Four Seasons hotel, was voted number one on the "Top Ten Spas" list, with Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay coming in third.
- Four of the world's "Top Ten Hotels" are Four Seasons properties: Four Seasons Hotel Milan; The Regent Hong Kong, a Four Seasons Hotel; Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris; and Four Seasons Hotel Singapore.
In addition, these Four Seasons properties were deemed the number one choice in their country:
- Top Hotel in Italy: Four Seasons Hotel Milan
- Top Hotel in Japan: Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Chinzan-so
- Top Hotel in Germany: Four Seasons Hotel Berlin
- Top Hotel in Canada: Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
- Top Hotel in Mexico: Four Seasons Hotel Mexico City
- Top Hotel in Egypt: Four Seasons Hotel Cairo
The new guide follows Zagat's recent release of its 2001 Top United States Hotels, Resorts and Spas Survey. In the company's sixth Survey of the US lodging scene since 1987, Four Seasons reaped four of the six major awards in the survey, including Top Hotel Chain; Top Hotel (Four Seasons Hotel New York); Top Resort (Four Seasons Resort Hualalai); and Top Hotel Spa (Four Seasons Resort Hualalai).
With a history spanning four decades and a portfolio that now extends to six continents, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is the world's leading luxury hotel operator, and currently manages 51 properties in 23 countries. Since opening its first hotel in Toronto in 1961, this award-winning Canadian company has claimed first position on numerous rankings, among them the AAA Five Diamond awards (receiving more than other any hotel company for the 20th consecutive year), Zagat Survey ("Best Hotel Chain" in the U.S. and worldwide), Business Travel News (best deluxe hotel company), and prestigious publications and industry awards worldwide. Information on Four Seasons and its 40 years of achievements can be accessed at www.fourseasons.com.