Association of Travel Marketing Executives Focuses on the Future at 25th Anniversary Conference
Hotel Entrepreneur Steve Wynn to Be Presented With Prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at ATME Conference to Be Held June 21-22 in Las Vegas
"In a time when travel suppliers must find ways to differentiate themselves from competitors or risk being lost in a price consolidated crowd, it is more essential than ever that the travel industry markets themselves as effectively and efficiently as possible," said Gary Sain, chairman of ATME's board of directors. "In the 25th anniversary conference, we have gathered senior travel marketing executives from all facets of the industry to fully address the issues that travel marketers are facing today and beyond."
ATME is comprised of senior level travel marketing influencers representing all sectors of the industry, including international airlines, hotels and resorts, cruise lines, online travel, state and local tourism offices, car rental companies, technology providers and other leading industry segments. This year's conference will feature revealing presentations and case studies including:
- Using Brand Power to the Fullest
- Internet Marketing - What really matters and how to optimize your ROI
- Story Driven Marketing - Learn how your brand starts with your story
- Delivering the Brand Promise
- How Las Vegas Did It - The anatomy of one of the most recognized campaigns in history
Keynote presentations will be delivered by some of the industries most innovative and seasoned executives including:
- Jonathan Tisch, chairman & CEO of Loews Hotels and author of "The Power of We: Succeeding Through Partnerships."
- David Kong, CEO, Best Western
- Joanne Smith, president of SONG - a Delta Company
- Henry Harteveldt, vice president of Travel Research of Forrester Research
- Andrew Jordan, executive vice president of Marketing & CMO of Wyndham Hotels
- Vincent Vanderpool-Wallace, director-general of Bahamas Tourism
Held in conjunction with the ATME conference, the June 22, Atlas Awards honor top executives in the industry for innovation, creativity and success. The awards program is highlighted by the anticipated presentation of the 2005 Lifetime Achievement Award, given by ATME judges to individuals who have consistently distinguished themselves as travel marketers and have advanced the travel industry worldwide.This year's recipient Steve Wynn, chairman of Wynn Resorts, stands apart as a leader and visionary whose career accomplishments have helped shape the travel and hospitality industry as we know it.
For information about membership and attending or participating in the conference, visit or call (800) 526-0041.
About ATME | The Association of Travel Marketing Executives (ATME) is a professional association of senior-level executives with vital responsibilities in the marketing of travel and tourism worldwide. ATME's members represent airlines, hotels, resorts, cruise lines, car rental companies, advertising and public relations firms, travel marketing professionals, research groups and tourist offices of domestic and foreign destinations. ATME is a global network of industry marketing professionals committed to enhancing skills, recognizing excellence, and providing innovative, effective and provocative marketing ideas and solutions while enhancing the highest standards of travel leadership.