Six Senses unveils The Earth Spa
A natural environment for Balancing Senses
Bangkok: After twelve months with skilled craftspeople creating one of the most unique spas in the world, the Earth Spa by Six Senses has opened in the Royal seaside town of Hua Hin, Thailand.
The initial concept of the Earth Spa came from the traditional construction methods of rural villages in northern Thailand, where building interiors remain at a comfortable temperature, even in summer. Six Senses worked with one community, and a Feng Sui master to design and adapt the classic forms to a spa function.
Following the design stage, Six Senses relocated the master builders from the northern community, to a temporary home on site at Hua Hin where they set about the task of creating a new virtual village for the Earth Spa. The project also formed a pilot scheme for sustainable community development, employing people from areas surrounding the Earth Spa.
The Earth Spa comprises a cluster of nine buildings, which appear to be floating on ponds. These include four treatment rooms with private outdoor Jacuzzi, two steam rooms, the meditation cave, relaxing area offering fresh juices, and the reception area. The earth domes are designed with openings low to the outside water, allowing refreshing breezes and energy flows to enter the buildings. Openings at the top of each building provide natural ventilation.
The buildings are a design feature created by the Six Senses project team. In Northern Thailand, the buildings have vertical walls, whilst retaining the same cooling system and the chimney-effect.
The Earth Spa by Six Senses is located right beside the newly opened Evason Hideaway at Hua Hin and offers guests of the Hideaway a comprehensive menu of specialty treatments that focus on Skin Food - the commitment that nothing should be put onto the skin that could not be eaten. The skin food concept is combined with the four elements of nature represented in the spa: earth - the construction material; water - surrounding the buildings; air - natural ventilation; and fire - used in heat treatments such as hot stones, steam and sauna, herbal compresses and body wraps. In balance to these elements are philosophies of traditional medicine, such as Ayurveda and Chinese, providing spa experiences to naturally enhance the skin food treatments, balanced cuisine, lifestyle activities and workshops available from the Earth Spa menu.
Many of the ingredients used in the treatments are grown right at the Evason Hideaway. These include rice, coconut, avocado, papaya, lime, aloe vera, cucumber, pandanus leaf, lemongrass, ginger, galangal, candlenut and turmeric; and all freshly harvested.
A menu of balanced cuisine is being introduced to the Living Room at the Evason Hideaway. The spa treatments will continue with food prepared to further enhance the benefits. For example, detoxifying treatments that utilize ingredients in the Earth Spa’s skin food, will also be incorporated in the Living Room lunch dishes.
Spa Suites at Evason Hideaway:
In addition to the Earth Spa by Six Senses, the adjoining Evason Hideaway at Hua Hin has introduced several Spa Suites, which offer personal wellness sanctuaries. The Spa Suites feature a massage sala beside the private pool, open style bathroom with a bathtub sunken into a lotus pond or garden, shower and steam room, and fitness equipment on request. Spa suites include two massages selected daily from an a la carte menu.
Many of the treatments offered at the Earth Spa will soon be available in the privacy of the Spa Suites.
Workshops and services planned for October at the Earth Spa encompass meditation, stress management, fitness programming and personal training, yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and stretching. Water Shiatsu and Water Tai Chi are available in the private pools of the Evason Hideaway villas.
The award-winning Six Senses Spa at the adjacent Evason Hua Hin Resort, will continue to be available for guests of the resort and the Evason Hideaway.
- Six Senses is a Resort and Spa Management and Development Company established in 1995, which owns the award-winning Soneva Fushi Resort in the Maldives and manages properties under the brand names Soneva Resorts, Evason Hideaways and Evason Resorts.
- Soneva Resorts are committed to offer luxuries of the highest international standard in an environment that nurtures the indigenous feel in design, architecture and service; fusing nature with guest experiences to create – Intelligent Luxury
- Evason Hideaway identifies the boutique category of the Evason brand, where attention to detail and focus on the reality of the destination together with modern architecture support the theme – Innovative Style.
- Evason Resorts offer a greater number of accommodations than Evason Hideaways, while maintaining individual design personalities, generous architectural proportions and spirited guest experiences, supporting the theme – Redefining Experiences
- Six Senses Spas, a key element of all Six Senses properties, offer a wide range of holistic wellness, rejuvenation and beauty treatments for ‘Balancing Senses”, administered under the guidance of expert therapists.
Six Senses Public Relations
Phone: 66 (0) 2631 9777