Trivop Secures Strategic Early-stage Financing
Paris-based videoguide for hotels is pioneering new media in the travel industry
PARIS | Trivop, the first videoguide for hotels, announced today that it has closed a significant round of strategic early-stage financing. The funds will allow the company to pursue an aggressive international growth campaign and further Trivop’s aim of becoming the de facto Internet videoguide for the hotel industry.
“Trivop’s aim is to become the online reference of choice for consumers about the hospitality industry by applying the Internet’s hot content – unique video, to the largest e-commerce sector - travel,” says Thomas Owadenko, founder and CEO, Trivop. “Video is the most effective hotel sales conversion tool in conveying the atmosphere of the hotel and its guest rooms and reassuring potential guests by showing them the hotel from a true customer perspective before booking.”
This unique network of high-profile, international angel investors are sending a clear vote of confidence for Trivop’s business model:
- Mörten Lund, a successful and active venture angel and one of Skype’s first investors. Some of Mörton’s investments include Orlix, Bullguard, Zyb and Zecco.
- Steve and Jean-Emile Rosenblum, founders of Pixmania, the first and largest electronic goods e-retailer in Europe with a turnover of more than €500 million. Steve and Jean-Emile make venture investments through their new portfolio of funds.
- Oliver Jung, a well-known angel investor and successful entrepreneur.
- Lukäsz Gadowski, founder and CEO of Spreadshirt (which acquired laFraise), co-founder of StudiVZ and active angel with focus on Germany, France and the United States.
- Loïc Le Meur, a serial Internet entrepreneur and one of France’s most famous bloggers. Le Meur is honorary Chairman of Six Apart Europe and invested in companies such as LinkedIn and Technorati.
- Aydin Senkut of Felicis Ventures, one of the early Google employees.
“It’s quite unique to attract such top-notch international entrepreneurs in a round of financing,” Owadenko says. “Trivop is the future of the hotel industry and these investors provide the successful track record and insider network to help us achieve our goal of becoming a new media leader for the travel industry.”
“Trivop is in a unique position to change the way travelers research and book hotels worldwide and to be considered by consumers and hoteliers as the leading site of their industry – a site where they absolutely have use and be represented,” said Mörten Lund, a Trivop investor. “I am confident that this investment round will begin to unlock the full potential of Trivop’s business model and allow the company to further consolidate the market leading position it has established so early in its existence.”
To date, the international reach of Trivop’s service has been highlighted by the site’s visitors, who originate from 173 countries and in 73 languages. Just two months after launching in March 2007, Trivop’s worldwide network of filmmakers has grown to more than 900, an asset that will accelerate the growth of the hotel video database.
About Trivop | Trivop, the first videoguide for hotels, was founded by French entrepreneur Thomas Owadenko in early 2007. Trivop is a new consumer channel for the hotel industry that features video created with a true customer perspective. Trivop allows consumers to start their hotel search by viewing unique hotel videos, allowing potential buyers to make an educated choice when deciding on what hotel to book. Buyers can explore the hotels’ surroundings, public facilities and all bedroom categories with video shot from the eye of the consumer. Trivop has launched operations in Paris and London and has international reach with visitors from 173 countries encompassing 73 languages. For more information, please visit .