UNWTO: Responding to a Turbulent Economy and a Changing Climate - Middle East and Mediterranean Region
Against the backdrop of the London Ministers’ Summit, the Sharm el Sheikh event will be an opportunity for high level regional consideration of short and long term structural challenges facing the sector:
- It will provide a basis for evaluating economic impacts and market tendancies - with a strong emphasis on responsive public / private sector actions.
- Special emphasis will be given to industry resilience initiatives as well as practical examples of climate response.
The Conference will be chaired by HE Zohair Garrana, Minister of Tourism of Egypt. Keynote speaker will be UNWTO Secretary General Francesco Frangialli
All sessions will be highly interactive and solutions focussed. Speakers from around the world will include:
- Peter Keller - former Chair of the OECD Tourism Committee who will discuss UNWTO’s New Economy Study;
- Geoffrey Lipman – UNWTO Assistant Secretary-General who will report on Tourism Climate Response;
- Dr. Ghassan Aidi - President International Hotel & Restaurant Association (IH&RA); and
- Martin Brackenbury, President of the International Federation of Tour Operators (IFTO) both of whom will explore changing market realities and industry action.
There will be no conference fees and special rates are available for hotels and flights.
UNWTO Press and Communications Department
Phone: (34) 91-567-8193
Fax: (34) 91-567-8218