WTTC Announces Panel of International Experts for 2009 Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
Costas Christ, Chairman of the Panel and internationally acclaimed expert in sustainable tourism, said: "The Tourism for Tomorrow Awards are truly a global recognition of best practices in sustainable tourism. Not only does our diverse panel of judges represent a high level of Travel & Tourism expertise, but they also represent countries from all around the world."
The judges on the Finalist Selection Committee for 2009 are:
- Dr Peter Burns, Professor, Centre for Tourism Policy Studies, University of Brighton
- Tony Charters, Principal, Tony Charters & Associates
- Erika Harms, Executive Director of Sustainable Development, United Nations Foundation
- Marilú Hernández, President, Fundacion Haciendas del Muno Mayas
- Dr Janne J Liburd, Associate Professor, University of Southern Denmark & Chair, BEST Education Network
- Brian Mullis, President, Sustainable Travel International
- Mahen Sangkhrajka, Chairman, Big Five Tourism and Expeditions
- Kaddu Sebunya, Director of Program Design, Africa Wildlife Foundation
- Mandip Singh Soin FRGS, Founder & Managing Director, Ibex Expeditions (P) Ltd
- Jamie Sweeting, Vice President of Environmental Stewardship & Global Chief Environmental Officer, Royal Caribbean International
- Albert Teo, Managing Director, Borneo Eco Tours
- Michelle White, Director of Sustainability, Indigo Books and Music Inc
This internationally acclaimed panel includes representatives of both the public and private sectors, as well as media and academia. Its members will review and select a shortlist of finalists in each of the four Award categories to move to the second stage of the judging process, during which on-site inspections will take place. Following the third stage of judging, a final Panel will choose the winner for each category.
Members of the Winners' Selection Committee are:
- Costas Christ, Chairman of Judges, Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
- Graham Boynton, Group Travel Editor, Telegraph Media Group
- Fiona Jeffery, Chairman, World Travel Market & Just A Drop
The Tourism for Tomorrow Awards are endorsed by WTTC Members and other organisations. Sponsors include Travelport and The Leading Travel Companies Conservation Foundation, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Rothschild Inc. Media partners include BBC World, Breaking Travel News, e-Turbo News, greentravelguides.tv, Meltwater News, National Geographic Adventure, Newsweek, Telegraph Media Group, Travel Weekly UK, USA Today and 4hoteliers. Contributors are Adventure in Travel Expo, BEST Education Network, the Rainforest Alliance, Sustainable Travel International, the World Heritage Alliance, Reed Travel Exhibitions and World Travel Market.
For more information about the Tourism for Tomorrow Awards, please call Susann Kruegel, WTTC's Manager e-Strategy and Tourism for Tomorrow Awards, on +44 (0) 20 7481 8007 or contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out the website:
Phone: + 44 20 7481 8007 .