HSMAI Names 2008 Sales & Marketing Top 25
Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales and Marketing to be Honored at HSMAI Adrian Awards Gala
The 2008 “Top 25” recipients were judged by a panel of senior industry executives for their recent work based on the following criteria: creativity and innovation; cutting edge sales or marketing campaigns; triumph in challenging situations; and sales efforts that resulted in dramatic gains.
The 2008 “Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales and Marketing” are:
- Rick Antonson, president & CEO, Tourism Vancouver
- Mindy Bianca, director of public relations, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
- Douglas Carrillo, senior vice president of sales & marketing, Tecton Hospitality/Desires Hotels
- Bill Duncan, vice president, brand sales & marketing, Homewood Suites by Hilton
- William Edmundson, brand president, Cambria, Choice Hotels International
- Andre’ Fournier, vice president of field sales & marketing, Destination Hotels & Resorts
- Jena Gardner, president & CEO, JG Black Book of Travel
- Randy A. Garfield, executive vice president worldwide sales & travel operations, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Mark Glickman, president, The Glickman Group
- Cynthia Goodrich, head of marketing, travel, Google Inc.
- Kathy Hood, vice president, sales & revenue management, Davidson Hotel Group
- Pam Johnston, president, PJ Inc.
- Felix Laboy, president & CEO, E-site Marketing
- John Moser, chief marketing & brand officer, DHG – Affinia Hotels, The Benjamin & The James
- David Nostrand, vice president of sales eastern region, Marriott International
- Betsy O’Rourke, senior vice president of marketing & communications, Wyndham Worldwide
- Tom Santora, chief marketing officer-senior vice president of sales & marketing, Omni Hotels
- Max Starkov, chief eBusiness Strategist & CEO, Hospitality eBusiness Strategies
- Trevor Stuart-Hill, vice president, revenue generation, SynXis
- Kimberly A. Tranter, assistant professor/lead faculty lodging, Johnson & Wales University – Denver
- Louise Upshaw-McClenny, sales training manager, Freeman
- Grace Villamayor, director, international marketing & sales, Hertz International
- Jerry Wayne, vice president, sales & marketing, The Greenbrier
- Karen Weiner Escalera, president & chief strategist, KWE Group, Inc.
- Blake Yeaman, director, corporate marketing, Hornblower Cruises & Events
In addition to being honored at the annual Adrian Awards gala, recipients will be featured in an HSMAI Marketing Review article, receive a personalized plaque, and will be honored at a VIP luncheon on January 26, 2009. The HSMAI Adrian Awards honor creative brilliance and best practices in hospitality, travel, and tourism-related marketing. In its 52nd year, the competition has evolved into the world's most renowned and prestigious advertising, public relations, and web marketing competition specifically tailored for the hospitality, travel, and tourism industries.
Tables and tickets for the HSMAI Adrian Awards Gala are on sale now. Tables of 10 can be reserved for $3,500 or $350 per ticket if purchased by Jan. 12, 2009; the price increases to $3,750 per table or $375 per ticket after Jan. 12. For more information or to purchase tables, visit www.adrianawards.com or contact HSMAI at (703) 506-2025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About HSMAI | HSMAI is an organization of sales and marketing professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI has become the industry champion in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry, and bringing together customers and members at annual events, including HSMAI's Affordable Meetings(r). Founded in 1927, HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. For more information on HSMAI, contact the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International, 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, Va. 22102; (703) 506-3280; fax (703) 506-3266, or visit the website at .
Phone: +1 404-832-7711