Hilton Hotel Owners Spice Up Latin American & Caribbean Hotels with Over $18.5 Million in Renovations
International Hotels Participate in Brand’s On-Going Upgrade Program
A selection of Latin American hotels that have been renovated in the last year include:
1. Hilton Colon Guayaquil—Situated at Av. Francisco de Orellana Mz. 111, the hotel recently completed a $7 million renovation, which included guest room upgrades ranging from new soft goods to 42” plasma televisions and Wi-Fi connectivity; updated meeting and banquet facilities; new health club and spa; and the addition of Sal & Pimienta, a quality delicatessen and fast food outlet. The property will spend an additional $3 million over the next two years to upgrade the lobby bar, 24-hour coffee shop, and two specialty restaurants.
2. Hilton Cartagena Hotel—Positioned on the El Laguito peninsula overlooking the Caribbean Sea, the hotel debuted a brand new $5 million executive tower, adding 53 non-smoking rooms to the property. The new tower, adjacent to the convention center in the hotel’s north wing, features 46 executive guest rooms and seven executive suites, all with access to the new executive lounge. The new rooms are outfitted with the latest decor and technology, offering guests double glass panel windows, LCD television, a dedicated work area, king or queen Hilton Serenity Collection™ beds, rain shower in bathroom, and more. This addition is the latest in Hilton Cartagena’s upgrades, following the opening of the hotel’s new spa late last year.
3. Hilton Buenos Aires – This harbor front property in downtown Puerto Madera district recently embarked on a $2.3 million renovation campaign encompassing all 417 rooms. The hotel has already invited guests to experience 405 completely renovated rooms, including Executive Floor rooms and four corner suites, while the final 12 rooms are slated for completion in 2009. These renovations cover almost every aspect of the rooms, including new bedding accessories, chenille covered headboards, 32” high definition LCD television, as well as brand new carpeting, wallpaper, upholstery, drapes, flooring, artwork and lighting.
4. Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center—Located less than two miles from the Villahermosa International Airport at Adolfo Ruiz Cortines Ote, the hotel refurbished its two meeting rooms and board room. The $2.2 million renovation created nearly 7,800 square feet of additional meeting space.
5. Hilton Colon Quito—Just 20 minutes from Mariscal Sucre International Airport, the hotel spent $2 million to upgrade and refurbish all the Deluxe rooms and the Club floor located in its Santa Maria Tower. All guests rooms have received the Hilton Serenity Collection, which includes a mattress and box spring by Serta, fine linens, down comforter and down pillows, as well as the ”easy to use” alarm clock/mp3 player, in-room coffee program and bath amenities. The hotel also added an “Executive Tower,” featuring 42 suites with its own check-in, private lounge, two executive meeting rooms, business center and personalized butler service.
Additionally, a number of hotels in the Caribbean have undergone notable renovations such as:
- Hilton Curaçao features upgrades to its exterior, lobby, meetings facilities and 3,694 ft² ballroom, which is the largest naturally lit, pillar-free ballroom on the island;
- Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort unveiled a brand-new 6,240 sq. ft. Salon Pavilion Exhibition Center in late 2007;
- Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre debuted four renovated presidential suites in late 2007, with complete updates to bedding, furniture and bathrooms.
Three years ago, the Hilton brand embarked on a revitalization campaign that encompassed the creation of 44 new hotels, as well as the renovation or conversion of more than 209 Hilton brand hotels worldwide, and further properties will continue to be updated on an ongoing basis. The brand is aligned itself with partners like the GRAMMY Awards and USA Swimming, and created its award-winning “Travel Should Take You Places®” advertising campaign. Through innovative community programs and a renewed focus on product development, Hilton launched an array of programs and products that have led to increased guest satisfaction. These include Hilton Fitness by Precor®, featuring the latest exercise equipment; Hilton Breakfast, offering guests the widest array of choices for starting their day with the nutrition and dietary options they prefer; Hilton Meetings designed to streamline the small meeting experience; Hilton’s Pet Friendly program; and much more.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
With more than 500 hotels & resorts in 76 countries around the world Hilton continues to build on its history as a pioneer in the industry, developing products, services and amenities that offer today’s travelers more choice and control over their stays. From Hilton Fitness by Precor to its world-class Hilton Worldwide Resorts portfolio; from the Serenity Collection of in-room amenities to Hilton Meetings, a premier global product for small meetings, Hilton’s offerings are designed to enable guests to be at their personal best whether they travel for business or pleasure. Hilton’s belief that Travel Should Take You Places® celebrates a commitment to the idea that travel can and should be transformative. Start your journey at www.hilton.com available in English, Spanish and French.
About Hilton Hotels Corporation
Hilton Hotels Corporation is the leading global hospitality company, with more than 3,000 hotels and 500,000 rooms in 74 countries and territories, including 135,000 team members worldwide.
The company owns, manages or franchises a hotel portfolio of some of the best known and highly regarded brands, including Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations™, Homewood Suites by Hilton® and The Waldorf=Astoria Collection™.
The Hilton Family of Hotels adheres to founder Conrad Hilton’s philosophy that, “It has been, and continues to be, our responsibility to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.” The company put a name to its unique brand of service that has made it the best known and most highly regarded hotel company: be hospitable®. The philosophy is shared by all brands in the Hilton Family of Hotels, and is the inspiration for its overarching message of kindness and generosity.
For more information about our company, please visit , and to learn more about our be hospitable philosophy, please visit .