Travelscream Expansion Includes New Vail Headquarters
Colorado-Based Travel Marketing Firm Reports Impressive 2008 Growth
(Vail, Colo.) — Travelscream, a leading provider of content distribution and social media marketing tools for the travel industry, is poised for a fast paced '09 with new offices, staff and partners. In the past 12 months, Travelscream has more than tripled its staff — from five to 18 full-time employees — and moved into a new headquarters in the Vail Valley that offers more space and structure for the growing team.
- New partners: The company has grown its roster of travel partners tenfold—more than 2,000 hotels worldwide are now using Travelscream's services to increase sales and extend their brand reach.
- New products: The Syndicated Partner Network (SPN) was launched in January 2008, introducing a new ad model for the travel industry. Ten media partners have already signed on, including Fodors.com, NationalGeographic.com, Condé Nast's Brides.com, Golf.com and PeterGreenberg.com.
- New Web presence: A complete overhaul of Travelscream's Web site was completed in November 2008, with a redesign of the site's architecture, design and content.
- New staff: The company has tapped the expertise of two new executive positions: Vice President of New Business Development and Vice President of Project Development, and made several new hires in Web development, graphic design, client services and content management.
- New sales force: Five regional sales director positions were created and partnerships were forged with
- external resellers, enabling Travelscream to expand its presence across the U.S. and internationally.
The new headquarters will enable Travelscream to continue this rapid growth. Previously, Travelscream's founders and staff were split between offices in Vail and Aspen, with additional executives working remotely from out of state. The new headquarters was selected because it is 25-50% larger than their previous spaces, so it can accommodate the entire staff. Rob O'Connor, Co-founder and CTO and Patrick O'Hara, Director of Client Services, moved from Aspen; Kristen Kopplin, VP of Marketing Communications, relocated from Chicago. Kopplin had lived in the area previously and was extensively involved in the statewide hospitality industry at that time.
In addition to the Vail office, Travelscream opened a New York City office in March to manage new business development and media partnerships.
Having the majority of the executive staff in the same physical space will allow them to work more effectively as a team to execute the company's vision. Tom Griffin, Co-founder and CEO of Travelscream, says, "The increased face time is invaluable — we will be able to work more collaboratively, manage more efficiently and continue to grow rapidly."
For 2009, the company is looking to continue its growth with key international partnerships and continued innovation of its products and services.
ABOUT TRAVELSCREAM | Travelscream (www.travelscream.com) isthe most flexibleprovider of low-cost, high value marketing solutions for the travel industryincluding social media, content distribution and deal distribution. Travelscream offers the Syndicated Partner Network (SPN), which publishes travel deals from hotels, resorts and other service providers through a network of online media channels; the Social Media Toolkit, including interactive maps, blogs, video, social network sharing and more; and the Travel Reader, a solution for travel agents.