Hilton Hotel Owners Spend More Than $131 Million Upgrading 11 Hotels in Central U.S.
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels Corporation’s global brand of upscale, full-service hotels, today announced that eleven of its Hilton brand hotels in the central United States are in the process of completing renovations, which combined are valued at more than $131 million. These projects are part of an ongoing initiative by the Hilton brand to upgrade its facilities and guest accommodations in order to exceed guest expectations for style, convenience and comfort. The hotels are located in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Kentucky and Ohio.
The following are a selection of the Hilton hotel renovation projects that are either under way or have just been completed in the last year in Illinois:
- The Palmer House ® Hilton - This historic and iconic property, located in downtown Chicago, completed its comprehensive, two year restoration program at the end of October 2008. Of the overall multimillion dollar investment, $58 million was spent in 2008. The program spanned renovating the hotel’s guestrooms; retail, dining and bar offerings; ballrooms and meetings spaces; as well as the overall infrastructure—all while maintaining the hotel’s historic integrity. The highlights completed in 2008 included the reinvigoration of the property’s 893 guest rooms, 54 suites and penthouse; the 10,000 sq ft expansion of the fitness center that now features state-of-the-art Hilton Fitness by Precor equipment; the addition of the 8,000 sq ft, full-service, Spa Chakra; an updated 150,000 sq. ft. of new retail stores, including the addition of parking garage; and the restoration of the hand -forged bronze peacock door by Louis Comfort Tiffany at the hotel’s main entrance on Monroe Street.
- The Drake - Located at 140 East Walton Place in the heart of downtown Chicago, this historic hotel is in the midst of a major, three-year, multi million dollar revitalization project. In 2008 the property renovated 200 guest rooms, which included the installation of flat screen televisions in addition to new furnishings and soft goods. Guests will be impressed by renovated the Cape Cod Room restaurant, six meeting rooms, the Executive Lounge and three guest floor corridors were also refurbished. The improvements scheduled for 2009 include 170 guestrooms, the main lobby, the Palm Court restaurant], the Club International, all pre-function space, as well as eight meeting rooms. Further upgrades will continue through 2010, in order to complete the remaining guest rooms, meeting space and the Coq d’Or restaurant.
- Hilton Suites ® Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace—Located at 10 Drury Lane, this property has embarked on an over $2 million renovation project, scheduled to be completed in 2009. This project will include a complete update of all of its guestrooms, as well as a pool upgrade.
The following is the Hilton hotel renovation project under way in Pennsylvania:
- Hilton Pittsburgh - Located at 600 Commonwealth Place, the hotel is in the midst of a $30 million head to toe renovation. Guest rooms were completely demolished and rebuilt, and will feature new furniture, carpeting, wall coverings, flat panel televisions, hard-wire and wireless Internet access, and the Hilton Serenity Collection® Bedding Package. The hotel’s concierge lounge and fitness center have been relocated to create unobstructed views of the city for guests. The hotel is finalizing efforts to add a private board room, as well as an additional 10,000 square feet of meeting space. The property also plans a new restaurant, bar and Starbuck’s retail outlet. The complete renovation is scheduled to be completed in the 2009 4th quarter.
The following are a selection of the Hilton hotel renovation projects that are either under way or have just been completed in Missouri:
- Hilton St. Louis Airport - Across from the St. Louis Lambert International Airport and just minutes from the downtown area, the hotel is undergoing $9 million in property upgrades. Guests can now enjoy upgraded guest rooms, corridors, Gateway Ballroom, fitness center and business center. By the end of the 1st quarter, the entire lobby area, including restaurant and bar, as well as the Grand Ballroom will be completely remodeled.
- Hilton St. Louis Frontenac - Situated in a central and upscale neighborhood of St. Louis, just steps away from Plaza Frontenac, the hotel is in the midst of approximately $4 million in guestroom and public space renovations. All guestrooms received new carpeting, flat panel televisions, Herman Miller desk chairs and lounge chairs in order to support a positive guest experience, and the bathrooms will be renovated to in the coming months. The property also updated its fitness center with Precor equipment, and upgraded the ballroom carpet and hotel entry.
The following are a selection of the Hilton hotel renovation projects that are either under way or have just been completed in Kentucky:
- Seelbach Hilton Louisville - The landmark hotel, located at 500 S. Fourth Street, is in the process of completing $11 million in upgrades. Guestrooms have received full makeovers, including the installation of flat panel televisions. Additionally, the fitness center has expanded by 50%, in addition to receiving updated equipment. Further improvements will include the implementation of Hilton Meetings facilities, Ballroom upgrades, complete renovation of all public space bathrooms, and new furniture throughout the public spaces.
- Hilton Suites Lexington Green - Situated near a retail complex at 245 Lexington Green Circle, the hotel just completed more than $6 million in renovations, including a makeover of the lobby, Polo’s Restaurant and Chukker’s Lounge. All guestrooms were updated with flat panel televisions, carpeting, refrigerators, as well as new bathrooms. Additionally, the fitness room was augmented with updated equipment,and a business center and gift shop were added.
The following are a selection of the Hilton Hotel renovation projects that are either under way or have just been completed in Ohio:
- Hilton Cleveland East/Beachwood - Located in Greater Cleveland at 3663 Park East Drive, the hotel expects to complete $8.1 million in refurbishments by October 2009. The hotel is enhancing its Internet and parking capabilities, as well as updating its public spaces and courtyard area
- Hilton Cincinnati Airport - Situated just a few miles from the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, the hotel spent nearly $2 million to add a new exercise room, ballroom and meeting room. Additionally, the hotel upgraded its entire lobby, front desk, gift shop, and restaurant. All guest rooms received new carpeting and flat panel televisions.
- Hilton Akron/Fairlawn - Located at 3180 W. Market Street in Akron within a well-manicured office park with excellent shopping and entertainment opportunities nearby, the property is completing $1.5 million in property upgrades. All guestrooms received flat panel televisions, and many rooms added new built-in workstations featuring additional wall outlets, desk lighting and leather ergonomic chairs to further support the business traveler. The junior ballroom was completely remodeled, and the entire hotel installed Hilton’s Stay Connected High Speed wireless and wired Internet access. The award-winning Beau’s Grille is finalizing a new outdoor dining area, complete with updated landscaping, stone walls, upscale furniture and large fireplace.
Since 2006, the Hilton brand has been undergoing a revitalization campaign that has encompassed the opening of 44 hotels, as well as the renovation or conversion of more than 209 hotels worldwide, and additional properties are being updated on an ongoing basis. The brand is aligned with partners like the GRAMMY ® Awards and USA Swimming as part of its focus on guest lifestyle and innovative community programs, and created its award-winning Travel Should Take You Places ® advertising campaign. Through the brand’s comprehensive guest experience focus on guests’ well-being and productivity, Hilton has launched an array of programs, services and products that have led to increased guest satisfaction and preference. These include Hilton Fitness by Precor, featuring the latest exercise equipment; Hilton Breakfast, offering guests the widest array of choices for starting their day with the nutrition and dietary options they prefer; Hilton Meetings designed to streamline the small meeting experience; Hilton’s Pet Friendly program; and much more.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
With more than 500 hotels & resorts in 76 countries around the world Hilton continues to build on its history as a pioneer in the industry, developing products, services and amenities that offer today’s travelers more choice and control over their stays. From Hilton Fitness by Precor [Confirm written permission by Precor to use their name in this press release.]to its world-class Hilton Worldwide Resorts portfolio; from the Hilton Serenity Collection® of in-room amenities [The Serenity Collection refers to the bed collection only. As it is written here, it implies all in room amenities. Please revise.]to Hilton Meetings, a premier global product for small meetings, Hilton’s offerings are designed to enable guests to be at their personal best whether they travel for business or pleasure. Hilton’s belief that Travel Should Take You Places® celebrates a commitment to the idea that travel can and should be transformative. Start your journey at available in English, Spanish and French.
About Hilton Hotels Corporation
Hilton Hotels Corporation is the leading global hospitality company, with more than 3,000 hotels and 500,000 rooms in 74 countries and territories, including 135,000 team members worldwide.
The company owns, manages or franchises a hotel portfolio of some of the best known and highly regarded brands, including Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations™, Homewood Suites by Hilton® and The Waldorf=Astoria Collection®.
The Hilton Family of Hotels adheres to founder Conrad Hilton’s philosophy that, “It has been, and continues to be, our responsibility to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.” The company put a name to its unique brand of service that has made it the best known and most highly regarded hotel company: be hospitable®. The philosophy is shared by all brands in the Hilton Family of Hotels, and is the inspiration for its overarching message of kindness and generosity.
For more information about our company, please visit , and to learn more about our be hospitable philosophy, please visit .
Hilton Hotels & Resorts