HSMAI Global Names New Asia Pacific Managing Director
Director of BD Concepts Pty Ltd, Bernadette Dennis to Lead Asia Pacific
Prior to opening BD Concepts Pty. Ltd in Melbourne, Australia in 2007, Dennis worked for more than 20 years with Marriott, previously holding the position of vice president of Asia Pacific for Marriott International, Inc.’s Global Sales Organization based in Hong Kong where she managed sales and reservations centres for Marriott’s network in the region. Pursuant to her post in Hong Kong, Dennis was based in the US, in Florida, Kentucky and Michigan for almost ten years, after which she returned to Australia and joined Ritz-Carlton Sydney as Director of Marketing and Marketing Manager at the World Congress Centre, Melbourne.
Bernadette Dennis commented, “The travel and hospitality industry is faced with unprecedented challenges due to the global financial crises, existing political turmoil in certain markets and the massive downturn in business activity. It’s times like this when a professional organisation like HSMAI can play an active role to foster collaborative industry effort and synergy, plus align HSMAI’s resources to support our members and the industry at large.”
LEARNING & NETWORKING EVENTS
- In 2009, HSMAI Asia Pacific will host several events concerning learning and networking in Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau where it currently has country chapters established. Key events and initiatives will include:
- Special Interest Group (SIG) Strategy Sessions will also be held for hospitality marketers that wish to learn more about Internet Marketing and Revenue Management.
- For the fourth year, HSMAI Asia Pacific will conduct regional ASIA CONNECT conferences in Singapore and Hong Kong. The ASIA CONNECT series is a one day conference that brings speakers from around the region and other parts of the world, to address specific issues that the Asian hospitality faces in order to generate and facilitate discussion about challenges and solutions to those issues. Key topics featured include revenue management opportunities, internet marketing, latest trends and industry opportunities.
- In 2009, HSMAI will also continue to provide a series of breakfast meets that gather industry professionals to learn more about specific topics. In 2008 we addressed issue like green meetings, profitability and F&B in revenue management for example. The breakfast seminars take place in Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- In 2009, HSMAI Asia Pacific will continue to offer HSMAI University Webinars across the region in 2009. HSMAI Members and guests may register to participate from the convenience of their office locations or attend a session hosted by the country chapters in Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore.
- In 2008, HSMAI Asia Pacific launched a Revenue Management Certification Program (CRME) with 20 candidates from Accor Asia Pacific. In 2009, HSMAI will actively promote the CRME program and introduce the CHSC-Certified Hotel Sales Competency certification, supported by workshops in Revenue Management and Sales Essentials in Singapore and Hong Kong.
RESEARCH/CONTRIBUTION OF CONTENT
- Together with the Cornell Institute for Hospitality Management (CNI), HSMAI will host the third Annual Thought Leaders in Marketing Forum on May 27 in Singapore. This event is invitation only in the past has produced several whitepapers which define thought leadership in Asia Pacific.
- HSMAI Asia Pacific will continue to collaborate and distribute various white papers derived from Roundtable discussions and surveys held in association with CNI and selected industry partners
For more information on HSMAI Asia Pacific, visit .
About HSMAI | HSMAI is the hospitality industry source for knowledge, community, and recognition for leaders committed to professional development, sales growth, revenue optimization, marketing, and branding. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI has become the industry champion in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry, and bringing together customers and members at annual events, including HSMAI's Affordable Meetings®. Founded in 1927, HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide. HSMAI's Americas Region, headquartered in McLean, VA, consists of 40 chapters. HSMAI's European Region, headquartered in Oslo, Norway, consists of five national chapters in Europe. HSMAI Asia Pacific, headquartered in Singapore, has chapters in Singapore, Hong Kong/Macau. Chapters are also under development in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Visit www.hsmai.org for more information.
Illka Gobius for HSMAI Asia
Phone: +65 6728 3820