STR posts results for week ending 14 Feb.
The performance of the chain-scale segments followed the industry averages. None reported year-over-year increases in the three key performance metrics:
- Luxury segment: occupancy -15.8 percent (61.4 percent); ADR -15.2 percent (US$261.58); RevPAR -28.6 percent (US$160.55).
- Upper Upscale segment: occupancy -8.9 percent (64.4 percent); ADR -10.2 percent (US$149.50); RevPAR -18.2 percent (US$96.21).
- Upscale segment: occupancy -8.2 percent (62.9 percent); ADR -7.5 percent (US$114.37); RevPAR -15.1 percent (US$71.88).
- Midscale with Food and Beverage segment: occupancy -10.3 percent (49.7 percent); ADR -3.7 percent (US$84.70); RevPAR -13.6 percent (US$42.11).
- Midscale without Food and Beverage segment: occupancy -9.7 percent (56.4 percent); ADR -2.8 percent (US$87.91); RevPAR -12.2 percent (US$49.56).
- Economy segment: occupancy -9.8 percent (48.4 percent); ADR -3.3 percent (US$52.58); RevPAR -12.7 percent (US$25.44).
- Independent segment: occupancy -10.3 percent (53.4 percent); ADR -8.6 percent (US$98.47); RevPAR -18.0 percent (US$52.62).
Among Top 25 markets, all but three reported decreases in each of the key performance metrics in year-over-year measurements. Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Virginia, increased 1.0 percent in occupancy to 46.3 percent. St. Louis, Missouri, increased 0.5 percent in occupancy to 51.0 percent. Houston, Texas, experienced an increase in ADR by 2.0 percent to US$102.67. Seattle, Washington, reported the largest decrease in occupancy down 18.8 percent to 55.9 percent. The largest drop in ADR was reported by San Francisco/San Mateo, California, down 21.6 percent to US$126.93. San Francisco/San Mateo also reported the largest decrease in RevPAR down 35.6 percent to US$76.13.
About STR & STR Global: For more than 20 years, Smith Travel Research has been the recognized leader for lodging industry benchmarking and research. Smith Travel Research and STR Global offer monthly, weekly, and daily STAR benchmarking reports to more than 36,000 hotel clients, representing nearly 5 million rooms worldwide. STR is headquartered in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and STR Global is based in London. For more information, visit .
Jeff Higley (STR)
VP, Digital Media & Communications
Phone: +1 (615) 824-8664 ext. 3318