STR Global posts January Asia/Pacific data
Highlights from key individual markets in the Asia/Pacific region include (percentages are January 2009 vs. January 2008, data in US dollars):
- Three key markets posted increases in ADR and RevPAR: Tokyo rose 25.9 percent to US$238.91 in ADR and 12.4 percent to US$144.19 in RevPAR; Bali rose 28.0 percent to US$142.65 in ADR and 17.5 percent to US$105.87 in RevPAR; and Osaka, Japan, reported a 16.4-percent increase in ADR and an 11.6-percent rise in RevPAR.
- Seoul, South Korea, reported an increase in occupancy, rising 5.2 percent to 73.6 percent.
- Four markets reported decreases in occupancy of less than 5 percent. Those markets include: Brisbane, Australia
- (-3.9 percent); Osaka, Japan (-4.1 percent); Sydney, Australia (-4.2 percent); and Melbourne, Australia (-4.3 percent).
- Three markets posted large decreases in ADR for the month: Seoul (-33.4 percent); New Dehli, India (-34.2 percent); and Mumbai, India (-37.7 percent).
Performances of key countries in January (all monetary units in local currency):
|Country||Occupancy||% change||ADR||% change||RevPAR||% change|
About STR & STR Global: For more than 20 years, Smith Travel Research has been the recognized leader for lodging industry benchmarking and research. Smith Travel Research and STR Global offer monthly, weekly, and daily STAR benchmarking reports to more than 36,000 hotel clients, representing nearly 5 million rooms worldwide. STR is headquartered in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and STR Global is based in London. For more information, visit .
Konstanze Auernheimer (STR Global)
Director of Marketing
Phone: +44 (0)207 922 1961