Hilton Hotel Owners Spice Up Seven Southwestern Hotels with over $57.5 Million in Renovations
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels Corporation’s global brand of upscale, full-service hotels, today announced that the owners of seven of its Hilton hotels located in the southwestern U.S. are in the process of completing renovations valued at more than $57.5 million. These projects are part of an ongoing global initiative by the Hilton brand to upgrade its facilities and guest accommodations in order to exceed guest expectations for style, convenience and comfort. The hotels are located throughout Arizona, Texas and New Mexico.
The following are a selection of some of the largest Hilton Hotel brand renovation projects that have been completed in the last two years:
1. Hilton Waco - Overlooking the Brazos River in downtown Waco, the hotel has completed $16.5 million in property improvements. Guests can relax amongst the upgraded guestrooms with new case and soft goods, as well as flat panel televisions. Additionally, the property added a larger ballroom and pre-function space to accommodate event planers.
2. Hilton Albuquerque - Located minutes away from Old Town Albuquerque, this hotel launched a major, $14 million renovation program in early 2008, which will effect all aspects of the property. In 2008, two-thirds of its guestrooms were entirely refurbished and now offer the complete line of Hilton amenities, including the Hilton Serenity Collection®, new furniture and flat screen televisions. The exterior also had a face lift and received a new roof, paving and environmentally sustainable landscaping. Further steps have been taken to make the property more sustainable, such as with the installation of low-flow toilets and LED light bulbs, and as a result the property has received recognition at the Commitment level by the Green Zia Environmental Excellence Program. The renovation is scheduled for completion by mid 2009, and will incorporate upgrades of the remaining guest rooms, lobby and meeting spaces.
3. Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa - Located at 1011 West Holmes Avenue in the city’s fastest growing corridor, the hotel completed an $11 million renovation of the entire hotel which began in 2007. All guestrooms were entirely updated to accommodate the highest standards, and now include new carpeting, linens and LCD televisions. Meeting attendees will enjoy updated carpeting, mahogany doors and lighting. Other highlights include the addition of three boardrooms, upgrades to the hotel’s signature Zuni restaurant and atrium bar, and renovations to a number of suites. Most recently, the executive lounge was also updated.
An additional selection of the Hilton Hotel renovation projects that have been completed in Arizona include:
4. Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas - With Camelback Mountain in the background, this property in the heart of downtown Scottsdale has finished $10 million in upgrades. The major focus of this renovation was the Villas, which were completely refurbished and now feature 42” flat screen televisions and Bose surround sound systems. Additionally, a new air conditioning system maintains the environment in all of the guestrooms. The resort’s public spaces, including the restaurant, ballrooms, pool area and fitness center, were also revitalized to maximize visitors’ experiences.
5. Hilton Tucson East - Situated at 7600 E. Broadway, the property completed its planned $2 million facilities upgrade program in September 2008. The hotel now offers guests refurbished guestrooms, renovated 15,000 square feet of meeting space and an updated Vistas’ Bar & Grille. Additionally, the hotel created a private dining room, installed Precor equipment in its fitness center and updated the pool, whirlpool and building exterior.
6. Phoenix Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliff - Found at 11111 North 7th Street, the resort underwent a multi-phase, top-to-bottom property enhancement that began in 2005. As a result of the most recent activity, the resort caters to event planners with a total of 76,500 square feet of meeting and convention space thanks to the completion of the $4 million Highland Center. This new, 12,500 square foot conference facility opened in December 2008. The Highland Center features flexible meeting space, 18’ ceilings, a state-of-the-art sound and light system and kitchen facilities. Earlier improvements completed in 2007 included updated guest suite furniture and amenities, updated public spaces and expanded spa and fitness facilities.
7. Phoenix Pointe Hilton At Squaw Peak Resort - Located at 7677 North 16th Street, this property began a multimillion dollar improvement program in 2005, which has since touched upon all aspects of the resort. In 2008, the project was completed with the debut of the full-service Tocasierra Spa, as well as the refurbishment of its casitas. These changes complemented the previous renovations, which included the upgrade of all of the guest accommodations and public areas, as well as the installation of Hilton Fitness by Precor equipment.
Since 2006, the Hilton brand has been undergoing a revitalization campaign that has encompassed the opening of 44 hotels, as well as the renovation or conversion of more than 209 hotels worldwide, and additional properties are being updated on an ongoing basis. The brand is aligned with marketing partners like the GRAMMY® Awards and USA Swimming as part of its focus on guest lifestyle and innovative community programs, and created its award-winning Travel Should Take You Places® advertising campaign. Through the brand’s comprehensive guest experience focus on guests’ well-being and productivity, Hilton has launched an array of programs, services and products that have led to increased guest satisfaction and preference. These include Hilton Fitness by Precor, featuring the latest exercise equipment; Hilton Breakfast, offering guests the widest array of choices for starting their day with the nutrition and dietary options they prefer; Hilton Meetings designed to streamline the small meeting experience; Hilton’s Pet Friendly program; and much more.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
With more than 500 hotels & resorts in 76 countries around the world Hilton continues to build on its history as a pioneer in the industry, developing products, services and amenities that offer today’s travelers more choice and control over their stays. From Hilton Fitness by Precor™ to its world-class Hilton Worldwide Resorts portfolio; from the Serenity Collection of in-room amenities to Hilton Meetings, a premier global product for small meetings, Hilton’s offerings are designed to enable guests to be at their personal best whether they travel for business or pleasure. Hilton’s belief that Travel Should Take You Places® celebrates a commitment to the idea that travel can and should be transformative. Start your journey at available in English, Spanish and French.
About Hilton Hotels Corporation
Hilton Hotels Corporation is the leading global hospitality company, with more than 3,200 hotels and 545,000 rooms in 77 countries, with more than 135,000 team members worldwide. The company owns, manages or franchises some of the best known and highly regarded hotel brands including Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and The Waldorf=Astoria Collection™.
Hilton Hotels Corporation is an Official Sponsor of the U.S. Olympic Team, which will extend through the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in London, the 2010/2012 U.S. Paralympic Team and the 2011 U.S. Pan American Team.
The Hilton Family of Hotels adheres to founder Conrad Hilton’s philosophy that, “It has been, and continues to be, our responsibility to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.” The company put a name to its unique brand of service that has made it the best known and most highly regarded hotel company: be hospitable®. The philosophy is shared by all brands in the Hilton Family of Hotels, and is the inspiration for its overarching message of kindness and generosity.