Hyatt Place® Recognizes Ultimate Host and Ultimate Hotel
Guest Nominations Underscore Success of Brand’s Proprietary Training Method
- WINNER: Pam, Hyatt Place Denver Airport, Ultimate Hyatt Place Host: “I called the hotel to check on the shuttle service and mentioned I was sick. I spoke to Pam and she was very compassionate. When I showed up to check in was near tears and just wanted a bed to crawl into. Pam had a hot cup of tea ready for me and checked me in unbelievably quick and showed me to my room and told me to call if there was anything she could do to help me feel better.”
- WINNER: Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport Ultimate Hyatt Place Hotel: “I am in town to interview a number of candidates ... From the very beginning the front desk host treated me like I was extremely important. From the time I arrived I was treated wonderfully. I felt like I had my own staff with me to help me interview. Davy was extremely helpful … Blair would fix my meals and offer to change what he could to make it more to my liking...”
“Since the first Hyatt Place opened, our guests have gone through great lengths to commend our employees and we wanted to create a way to recognize these exceptional associates,” said Alison Kal, vice president, marketing, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. “We’re proud to say that choosing the Hyatt Place Ultimate Host and Ultimate Hotel was a very difficult choice to make.”
ABOUT THE HYATT PLACE ULTIMATE HOST & HOTEL AWARDS
Hyatt Place partnered with etiquette expert Anna Post, great-great-granddaughter of Emily Post, to introduce The Etiquette Effect program to provide advice to today’s professionals, helping them use modern etiquette to gain a competitive advantage.
The advice is based on the principles of First Place Training, which all Hyatt Place Hosts must master, including respect, genuine interaction and relationship building. The principles and lessons of this proprietary training allow Hyatt Place Hosts to use their skills to interact with guests sincerely and effectively, something for which guests have expressed their appreciation.
The winners were chosen after Hyatt executives and etiquette expert Anna Post reviewed guest nominations. The nominations detailed numerous examples of exceptional service, including calming distressed children, providing a friendly ear, anticipating guests’ needs and simply treating guests as if they are family.
“Etiquette is at the heart of almost any personal and professional interaction and the lessons taught in First Place Training demonstrate how to infuse appropriate etiquette into any situation,” said Anna Post, etiquette expert. “The guest nominations for the Hyatt Place Ultimate Host and Ultimate Hotel prove that people appreciate etiquette and even more importantly, they prove that thanks to their training, Hyatt Place Hosts deliver a guest experience that stands out.”
HYATT PLACE BACKGROUND
Hyatt Place, ranked “Highest in Guest Satisfaction among Mid-Scale Hotel Chains with Full Service” by J.D. Power and Associates*, combines contemporary design with innovative services and amenities to create an atmosphere of casual hospitality.
Hyatt Place was inspired by the changing landscape of contemporary, multi-tasking business travelers, who have successfully adapted to today’s “24/7 lifestyle,” seamlessly merging personal and professional activities. To help guests achieve this lifestyle, Hyatt Place offers an atmosphere of casual hospitality with a balanced mix of comfortable and functional amenities.
- Guestrooms: For work, guests can take advantage of the complimentary Wi-Fi, oversized desk and ergonomic chair in each room. And when it’s time to relax, they can stretch out on the eight-foot Cozy Corner sectional sofa-sleeper and watch their favorite shows on the room’s 42-inch flat panel, high-definition television. Each room’s innovative Hyatt Plug Panel™ also allows guests to connect their own entertainment media to the television, including laptops, MP3 players, DVD players or any other portable device. At bedtime, the signature Hyatt Grand Bed™ ensures guests will enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Gallery: An innovative welcoming arrival area where guests are greeted by a Gallery Host who assists guests with everything from check-in to preparing a freshly made snack, the Gallery offers two self-registration kiosks, an intimate coffee and wine café and bakery, free Wi-Fi, a TV den and an “e-room” with free access to public computers and a printer with secure print-ahead technology.
- Mealtime: Guests at Hyatt Place may purchase signature hot breakfast entrées along with Starbucks® specialty coffees or enjoy a free continental breakfast. Hyatt Place also offers a variety of freshly prepared, café-quality items, including made-to-order entrées, sandwiches, soups, salads and pizza, which guests can order 24/7 via a touch screen menu in the Guest Kitchen or from a Gallery Host.
- StayFit@Hyatt: To help guests stay physically and mentally productive, each Hyatt Place offers a StayFit@Hyatt gym featuring state-of-the-art Life Fitness® equipment.
Travelers are raving about Hyatt Place hotels already open in 130 locations nationwide, including Atlanta, Birmingham, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Houston, Louisville, Miami, Phoenix, Orlando, San Antonio, Tampa and Washington, D.C.
About Hyatt Place | Hyatt Place is a new kind of Hyatt for today’s relaxed lifestyle. Hyatt Place is ranked “Highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Mid-Scale Hotel Chains with Full Service” according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index StudySM. Catering to today’s discerning travelers, Hyatt Place combines The Hyatt Touch® with stylish design, purposeful amenities and forward-thinking technology. Hyatt Place is a brand of Global Hyatt Corporation that currently offers 130 locations nationwide. For Hyatt Place information or to make a reservation, call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847) or visit .
*Hyatt Place received the highest numerical score among mid-scale hotel chains with full service in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2008 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction StudySM. Study based on responses from 53,453 guests measuring 12 mid-scale hotels with full service and measures opinions of guests who stayed in a hotel May 2007-June 2008. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed June 2007-June 2008. Your experiences may vary. Visit .
About Global Hyatt Corporation | Global Hyatt Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is one of the world’s premier hotel companies. The hotels owned, operated, managed or franchised by its subsidiaries provide authentic hospitality to guests in 44 countries through a passionate commitment to personalized service, cultural relevance, and the environment. Global Hyatt subsidiaries own, operate, manage or franchise more than 370 hotels and resorts worldwide under the Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Resorts™, Grand Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt Summerfield Suites® and Andaz™ brands with additional properties under development on five continents. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc., operator of Hyatt Vacation Club®. The success of Global Hyatt is driven by the commitment and energy of the thousands of men and women around the world who provide exceptional service to hotel guests. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or visiting .
Public Relations Manager, Select Brand