STR Global posts February 2009 results for Europe
|ADR (U.S. dollars)||$119.07||-25.1%|
|ADR (British pounds)||£83.51||+4.4%|
|RevPAR (U.S. dollars)||$65.80||-32.6%|
|RevPAR (British pounds)||£46.16||-6.1%|
Key year-over-year market performers include (all currency figures are in euros):
- Cologne, Austria, was the only key market to increase in all three key metrics: occupancy (+1.3 percent to 66.4 percent); ADR (+16.8 percent to EUR103.05); and RevPAR (+18.3 percent to EUR68.42).
- Along with Cologne, two other key markets reported increases in occupancy: Malmo/Lund, Sweden (+3.0 percent to 62.9 percent) and Glasgow, Scotland (+0.8 percent to 67.5 percent).
- Three key markets decreased in occupancy by more than 20 percent: Prague, Czech Republic (-33.0 percent to 35.6 percent); Budapest, Hungary (-28.9 percent to 35.1 percent); and Lisbon, Portugal (-21.4 percent to 41.5 percent).
- Key markets reporting increases in ADR include: Cologne (+16.8 percent to EUR103.05); Geneva, Switzerland (+9.0 percent to EUR211.06); and Vienna, Austria (+6.3 percent to EUR105.05).
- Düsseldorf, Germany, and Moscow, Russia, reported the largest declines in ADR, which were down 26.3 percent to EUR87.41 and down 25.8 percent to EUR186.91, respectively.
- Six key markets reported RevPAR decreases of less than 10 percent: Berlin, Germany (-9.8 percent to EUR51.13); Frankfurt, Germany (-9.6 percent to EUR75.37); Vienna (-8.6 percent to EUR49.54); Munich, Germany (-8.2 percent to EUR56.74); Geneva (-6.1 percent to EUR120.43); and Hamburg, Germany (-2.4 percent to EUR60.50).
|Country||Occupancy||% change||ADR||% change||RevPAR||% change|
About STR & STR Global: For more than 20 years, Smith Travel Research has been the recognized leader for lodging industry benchmarking and research. Smith Travel Research and STR Global offer monthly, weekly, and daily STAR benchmarking reports to more than 36,000 hotel clients, representing nearly 5 million rooms worldwide. STR is headquartered in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and STR Global is based in London. For more information, visit .
Jeff Higley (STR)
VP, Digital Media & Communications
Phone: +1 (615) 824-8664 ext. 3318