Softscribe Inks Joint Venture with LEAP Integrated Marketing Solutions in Singapore
Expands Internet Public Relations and Marketing Services to Asian Markets to Support
Michael Squires, president of Softscribe Inc.,
talks about the five distinct Asian markets.
Based in Singapore with affiliations in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, LEAP Integrated Marketing Solutions will enable Softscribe’s clients to expand to Asian markets, while Softscribe will provide support for LEAP clients who wish to extend their footprint to North America. The partners’ first shared client is The Rainmaker Group, a world leader in automated profit optimization software and services for gaming hospitality and multifamily housing. Rainmaker recently opened a regional office in Singapore as part of its expansion into the Greater Chinese and South East Asia markets.
Growth is all about relationships and managing face value or “mianzi”
- Realize each market in Asia is unique. The culture, tradition, mentality, business practice, and consumer behavior differ from country to country and even city to city. Observe and understand these differences and adapt your business model to the locale. A one-size-fits-all approach does not necessarily work.
- Observe the importance of face value or “mianzi”. Mianzi is the Chinese term for prestige, dignity, respect — a vital ingredient in all relationships, especially when dealing with Asians including seniors, experts and business veterans. All across Asia, “giving face” refers to having esteem for your business associates and showing it through the utmost courtesy and regard. Maintaining your own “mianzi” or reputation is equally important.
- Control the financial aspect at all times. When venturing into business with foreign partners or in any business dealings, establish firm control of the financial side from the outset.
“LEAP is indeed very excited with this collaboration,” said Lynn Yeow, also a founding co-director of the firm. We believe that there is a great synergy between the two teams to provide an integrated service and broader network to our clients.”
Ms. Wong created Chinese names for Michael Squires and Julie Keyser-Squires, CFO of Softscribe Inc.:
- Michael Squires: 施任洋 (pronounced Shi Ren Yang, which translates roughly as ‘man with confidence of blue ocean.’)
- Julie Keyser-Squires: 施悦俐 (pronounced Shi Yue Li, which could translate as “joyful, strong woman with beautiful connection skills.”)
About LEAP Integrated Marketing Solutions | LEAP Integrated Marketing Solutions is a consultancy providing highly effective publicity and marketing strategies for premium lifestyle brands and the hospitality / tourism industry. Covering Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore and other cities in Asia Pacific, we offer comprehensive, cost-effective single-source solutions to meet all your marketing communications needs. Our esteemed clients include The Rainmaker AP, Pacific Coast Feather Company AP, National Cancer Centre Singapore, Hotel Mulia – Senayan, Jakarta, and The WaterHouse at South Bund, Shanghai opening in 2009. For more information, please visit .
About Softscribe® Inc. | Softscribe Inc. leverages ten years of proven experience, deep domain expertise, and fresh client-tailored Internet public relations and marketing programs to help companies targeting the green tourism + hospitality, green government and related markets drive sales and reach their business goals. We do this with an emphasis on relationships and a customized blend of social media + traditional public relations + technology-based solutions. We are proud of our best-in-class clients, which include Aptech Computer Systems, Inc., Gold Key Solutions, Flyte Systems, Hawaiian Mahogany, hotelSystemsPro, JDA Software, NORTHWIND Maestro-PMS, The Rainmaker Group, SRA International, TravelCLICK and many other leading technology and service companies. We would love to help you, too. For more information please visit .