Fairmont and the National Geographic Society Present the Global Explorer Series
Check In and Explore the World
- Quebec's Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello and Fairmont Kenauk offer a once in a lifetime Fly Fishing package May 29-31, 2009. Guest speaker, Aquatic Ecologist Zeb Hogan travels to the most endangered environments, striving to save critically endangered fish and the livelihood of people who share their habitats. The two-night package will include Fly Fishing at Fairmont Kenauk, a two-night stay at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello, a welcome reception, meals, a donation to National Geographic Society and more. Rates are from $549 CDN per person for the two-night stay.
- As part of the Treasures of the Sea package from July 17-19, 2009, Fairmont Monte Carlo hosts a gala evening with Dr. Enric Sala, Marine Ecologist, and guest of honor H.S.H. Prince Albert of Monaco on July 17. Weekend package also includes accommodation in a seaview room, buffet breakfast, a half-day private excursion on Prince Albert's "Tuiga", one of the world's most beautiful historic sailing yachts and lunch on the terrace of the Yacht Club of Monaco's restaurant. Rates for the two-night package start at Euro 799 per person, tax and service included.
- National Geographic wildlife photographer Michael Nichols provides a unique viewpoint to capturing Kenya's beauty September 1-10, 2009. Traveling with luxury outfitter Micato Safaris, the Kenya Photo Safari Adventure includes a full-day photo safari game drive, hot air balloon ride and champagne breakfast, visit to a Maasai village, meals, guided city tour of Nairobi, accommodations at Larsens Camp in Samburu National Reserve and at the newly refurbished Fairmont The Norfolk, Fairmont Mara Safari Club and Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club. Also included are all meals from breakfast on day two, park fees and service charges and several surprises along the way. Rates start at $7,690 USD per person, double occupancy; single supplement $1,450 USD. To reserve, call 1-800-642-2861 or email email@example.com.
- Dr. Zahi Hawass, head of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, headlines a weekend discovering the wonders of Cairo November 27-30, 2009. The Wonder With One Of The Seven Wonders package features one night at Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis and two nights at Fairmont Nile City with breakfast and dinner; a full day tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza and Saqqara; a guided tour of the Cairo Museum, Nile Felucca ride and a dinner lecture with Dr. Zahi Hawass, who has spent 20-plus years working to shed light on the mystery that surrounds the Great Pyramids. Discoveries made or supervised by Hawass include the "Valley of the Golden Mummies," and two intact 5,000-year-old tombs near Cairo. During his lecture, Hawass reveals secrets of the Great Pyramids by sharing some of his recent discoveries at Giza, including intriguing new details about King Tut revealed by groundbreaking CT scans. Rates for the three-night package start from $960 USD per person.
- From June 23 to September 20, 2009, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York will host "Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures from the National Museum, Kabul" highlighting a collection of priceless historical objects that were secreted away during the civil war and rediscovered in 2003. Guests will be able to stay at the newly restored Plaza Hotel as their home base for an exciting city break. Check out an exclusive podcast at www.fairmont.com/globalexplorer by noted National Geographic archaeologist and Afghanistan exhibition curator Dr. Fredrik Hiebert. Dr. Hiebert has researched human history in some of the world's most remote and romantic places and played a key role in bringing the "Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures" exhibition to the United States. In his podcast, Dr. Hiebert reveals the intrigue behind the dramatic story of the recovery of the precious artifacts thought to have been lost, many of which are now on display in the exhibition. Package details will soon be available.
In addition, Fairmont President's Club members will now enjoy savings on National Geographic Society publications and merchandise through a new benefit. To learn more, please visit www.fairmont.com/ngs. The brand's exclusive guest recognition program, Fairmont President's Club provides frequent guests with special benefits and privileges designed to reflect individual travel preferences and offer an enhanced level of service including private check-in, complimentary high-speed Internet access, Fairmont Fit, and exclusive vacation offerings. Guests can enroll at time of booking, or online at .
All packages unless noted otherwise are subject to availability, exclude taxes and are based on double occupancy. For reservations, please visit , call 1-800-441-1414 or contact your local travel professional.
About the National Geographic Society | The National Geographic Society is one of the world's largest nonprofit scientific and educational organizations. Founded in 1888 to "increase and diffuse geographic knowledge," the Society works to inspire people to care about the planet. It reaches more than 300 million people worldwide each month through its official journal, National Geographic, and other magazines; National Geographic Channel; television documentaries; music; radio; films; books; DVDs; maps; school publishing programs; interactive media; and merchandise. National Geographic has funded more than 9,000 scientific research, conservation and exploration projects and supports an education program combating geographic illiteracy. For more information on the National Geographic Society and to support its mission of inspiring people to care about the planet, please visit .
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts | A leader in the global hospitality industry, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of distinctive hotels, which includes iconic landmarks like Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City, Kenya's Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, and London's The Savoy, reopening later this year following an extensive restoration program. Fairmont hotels are one-of-a-kind properties where sophisticated travelers can discover culturally rich experiences that are authentic to the destination. Situated in some of the most exclusive and pristine areas in the world, Fairmont is committed to responsible tourism and is an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with its award-winning Green Partnership program. Fairmont's portfolio includes 56 world-class hotels, with plans to develop over 30 new properties in the coming years in destinations as diverse as Shanghai, The Philippines and India.Fairmont is owned by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, a leading global hotel company with 91 hotels worldwide under the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissotel brands. The company also manages Fairmont and Raffles branded Residences, Estates and luxury private residence club properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit .