STR Posts U.S. Results For Week Ending 25 April
The Top 25 Markets reported mixed results in occupancy, ADR and RevPAR in year-over-year results:
- Denver, Colorado, was the only market to report increases in all three key performance measurements: occupancy was up 4.3 percent to 65.1 percent; ADR rose 0.8 percent to US$107.04; and RevPAR increased 5.2 percent to US$69.74.
- Oahu Island, Hawaii, reported the largest occupancy increase among the markets, rising 15.4 percent to end the week at 82.5 percent. Other markets that reported increases in occupancy include: Washington, D.C. (+2.0 percent to 79.3 percent); San Francisco/San Mateo, California (+1.5 percent to 75.3 percent); and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (+0.1 percent to 74.2 percent).
- Two markets reported decreases in occupancy of more than 15 percent (compared to eight markets the week of 12-18 April): Dallas, Texas (-17.2 percent to 55.1 percent) and Seattle, Washington (-15.5 percent to 58.8 percent).
- New Orleans, Louisiana, reported the largest increase in ADR, which was up 5.4 percent to US$138.79.
- Two markets reported ADR decreases of more than 15 percent: New York, New York (-23.8 percent to US$207.15) and Miami-Hialeah, Florida (-17.6 percent to US$150.14).
- Other than Denver, three markets reported increases in RevPAR: Oahu Island (+6.5 percent to US$126.72); New Orleans (+3.1 percent to US$96.23); and Washington, D.C. (+0.4 percent to US$127.45).
- Three markets reported RevPAR decreases of more than 25 percent: New York (-27.3 percent to US$165.95); Miami-Hialeah (-26.9 percent to US$103.02); and Chicago, Illinois (-25.9 percent to US$71.87).
About STR & STR Global
For more than 20 years, Smith Travel Research has been the recognized leader for lodging industry benchmarking and research. Smith Travel Research and STR Global offer monthly, weekly, and daily STAR benchmarking reports to more than 38,000 hotel clients, representing nearly 5 million rooms worldwide. STR is headquartered in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and STR Global is based in London. For more information, visit .
Jeff Higley (STR)
VP, Digital Media & Communications
Phone: +1 (615) 824-8664 ext. 3318