Accor North America Joins the EPA National Partnership for Environmental Priorities
New Partnership Signals Accor’s Continued Commitment to the Environment
Through the partnership, Accor North America has taken on the challenge of reducing mercury in local landfills by ensuring that fluorescent light bulbs used in their hotels are properly recycled.
A number of other key conservation and earth-friendly elements Accor North America operates on an ongoing basis include:
- Participation in energy and water conservation programs including creation of a monthly energy / water consumption report to inform each hotel of their month to date progress in regards to consumption savings, taking into consideration variables such as weather and hotel activity levels (all Sofitel and Novotel hotels since 2004)
- Water saving shower heads and faucet aerators (all brands)
- Faucet aerators replaced with higher water-efficiency 0.5 gallon per minute aerators (Motel 6 and Studio 6 locations)
- Commitment to reduce 10% of electric consumption by 2010 (Motel 6 and Studio 6 locations)
- Ozone machines were installed on laundry washers; these machines allow the hotel to wash linen and towels with cold water instead of hot and reduce the use of soap/detergent (all Sofitel hotels with laundry)
- Using environmentally sensitive Ecolab™ laundry products (all Motel 6 and Studio 6 locations)
- Technologically advanced heating and cooling systems to reduce consumption of power (all brands)
- Corporate office recycling program
- Use of ecological paper, including printing 1.3 million directories on recycled paper using Soy ink (all Motel 6 and Studio 6 directories)
- Use of compact fluorescent lighting, which consumes 75% less energy than conventional bulbs (all brands)
- Motel 6 and Studio 6 recognized by the EPA as an Energy Star Leader. Energy star Leaders are recognized as part of the EPA’s Energy Star Building Challenge, a program encouraging building owners and managers to reduce energy use by 10 percent or more.
- Accor celebrates Earth Day each year by planting trees, organizing park, lake and beach clean-ups, and reducing their carbon footprint.
More information on the National Partnership for Environmental Priorities can be found at .
About Accor North America
Headquartered in Dallas (Carrollton), Texas, Accor North America operates more than 1,000 upscale and economy properties including nationwide economy leaders Studio 6 and Motel 6, Sofitel Luxury Hotels, and upscale Novotel hotel locations in the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit .
Accor, a major global group and the European leader in hotels, as well as the global leader in services to corporate clients and public institutions, operates in nearly 100 countries with 150,000 employees. It offers to its clients over 40 years of expertise in two core businesses:
- Hotels, with the Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, Mercure, Suitehotel, Ibis, all seasons, Etap Hotel, Formule 1, Studio 6 and Motel 6 brands, representing 4,000 hotels and nearly 500,000 rooms in 90 countries, as well as strategically related activities, such as Lenôtre;
- Services, with 32 million people in 40 countries benefiting from Accor Services products in employee and public benefits, rewards and motivation, and expense management.
Phone: +1(972) 360-5970