ACTE Asia-Pacific Education Conference to Provide Global Travel Industry With First Outlook for Travel Spends and Trends in 2010
Gurley is alluding in part to the business travel management industry’s first plans to analyze, measure, and implement virtual travel and electronic meetings as an integral part of the corporate travel program. “Yet this only one aspect of the major changes our profession will have to face over the next couple of years. This conference will systematically look at the others, the ones that are specific to new processes and technology within the industry, plus those that impact the traveling public,” said Gurley.
Three general sessions will set the tone for the conference:
- Steven R. Okun, Chairman of the American Chamber of Commerce will ask the question, “Will Your Business Ever Be The Same?” This is the question that many have dreaded to ask. But this conference will explore the likelihood of certain changes becoming evolutionary trends.
- Anthony Rose, Associate Director, ASEAN External Relations and Executive Communications Leader, Procter & Gamble Asia will present “Communication in Tough Times: The Difference between Domination and Extinction.” Nothing breeds uncertainty, nor corporate instability, like a lack of communications. Rose will address the relationship between effective communications and corporate buy-in, stakeholder support, and media perception.
- Dr. Ric Roi, Senior Vice President and Consulting Practice Leader for Asia-Pacific, Right Management, will present: “Have You Retooled Your Organization?” Roi will discuss how you must retool your thinking before you can retool your functions, and this requires accepting the concept that some of the changes the travel industry is facing will be permanent.
Twelve education sessions will be included at the conference which include:
- The Business Case for Managed Travel: Measuring the Return on Investment (ROI)
- Is There Room on Your Plate for More? The Evolving Roles of Travel Procurement and Sourcing Professionals
- Integrating Videoconferencing with Your Demand Management Goals
- Two Sides to Every Story: How Outsourcing Can Affect the Travel Programme
“Contrary to other professional conferences held in Europe and Asia this year, ACTE has been reporting higher regional event attendance throughout 2009. “This is a strong indication of the value travel management professionals place on ACTE events,” said Gurley. “Our reputation for insightful educational programming has been proven over the last 22 years. There is no substitute for good data and intuitive application.”
The ACTE Asia-Pacific Education Conference will be held at the Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore, set aside on a seven-acre garden oasis, that is conducive to high-level business meetings and networking. In addition to unparalleled business support functions.
To register for the The ACTE Asia-Pacific Education Conference, please click HERE.
ACTE Global Communications Director