Business Travel Professionals Earn Industry Education Honors at NBTA Convention
- Fundamentals of Business Travel Management/CTE
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive (CCTE)
- Global Leadership Professional (GLP)
The Fundamentals of Business Travel Management course and Corporate Travel Expert (CTE) designation are the only introductory course and designation for corporate travel professionals. More than 550 people have taken the course to date, including the following 28 Convention attendees who earned their CTE designations this week:
- Maritza Biggs, CTE, Inter-American Development Bank
- Katherine Brindley, CTE, Department of Defense
- JR Bucciero, CTE, Public Storage
- Dan Carozza, CTE, Department of the Treasury
- Roland Catalano, CTE, The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- Eve Chekelelee, CTE, Eastern Band of Cherokee
- Elena Clayton, CTE, Dollar General Corporation
- Debbie Cranmer, CTE, LMI Aerospace
- Frank Dolce, CTE, OSI Systems, Inc.
- Megin Dressel, CTE, Schneider Electric
- Melody Dunn, CTE, Intevac, Inc.
- Gina Felts, CTE, Cricket Communications
- Monica Hall, CTE, Constellation Brands, Inc.
- Charlene Kehoe, CTE, International Capital & Management Co.
- Allison Krivatch, CTE, International Capital & Management Company
- Deborah Mullins, CTE, CUDL
- Yukyong Mun, CTE, LG Electronics MobileComm USA Inc.
- Anabela Riley, CTE, Texas Roadhouse
- Erik Rusin, CTE, LXR Travel LLC
- Laurie Rusin, CTE, LXR Travel LLC
- Shonda Spinks Lackey, CTE, CUDL
- Debbie Toso, CTE, TIBCO
- Sean Tovson, CTE, Travelisense
- Christopher Tsang, CTE, Rambus
- Jan Uecker, CTE, Lions Clubs International
- Geralyn Vance, CTE, Purcell Systems
- Lisa Williams, CTE, Aegis Techrep
- Emily Wright, CTE, Flad Affiliated Corporation
The Certified Corporate Travel Executive (CCTE) is the recognized certification course for corporate travel professionals; designed for professionals with at least two years of experience in the business travel field. The CCTE program is offered through a partnership between NBTA and the University of Houston Conrad Hilton College of Hotel & Restaurant Management. NBTA today graduated 48 new CCTEs:
- Miriam Abujasen, CCTE, Burger King Corporations
- Ellina Arakelova, CCTE, Align Technology, Inc.
- Kelly Beck, CCTE, Itron, Inc.
- Kim Bilsky, CCTE, Halliburton Company
- Mary Ellen Buckland, CCTE, Wyndham Andover Hotel
- Linda Burke, CCTE, Grant Thornton
- Yolanda Cardiff, CCTE, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts
- Millie Castaneda-Baker, CCTE, U.S. General Services Administration
- Denise Clark, CCTE
- Kelleree Conrad, CCTE, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Lourdes Diaz, CCTE, Assurant Group
- Scott Duffy, CCTE, Virgin Charter
- Jacque Elliott, CCTE, Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown
- Rhonda Farrington, CCTE, GEFCO
- Robin Graham, CCTE, Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
- Ray Greeve, CCTE, New York Life Insurance Company
- Rosa Gutierrez, CCTE, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts
- Lisa Hoehn, CCTE, Passageways Travel
- Jennifer Houdyshell, CCTE, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide
- Kamani Irizarry, CCTE, McDermott Incorporated
- Alissa Klees, CCTE, Hilton Hotels Corporation
- Thomas Klein, CCTE, CHG Healthcare Services, Inc.
- Melissa Kouvelas, CCTE, Best Western International
- Rick Lackland, CCTE, Hilton Hotels Corporation
- Bonnie Leth, CCTE, Continental Airlines
- Johnathan Louviere, CCTE, National Oilwell Varco
- Cezar Manapat, CCTE, MSC Software Corporation
- Ken Manzo, CCTE, Continental Airlines
- Karoline Mayr, CCTE, Deltek, Inc.
- Sean McCurdy, CCTE, Interstate Hotels and Resorts
- Pamela McTeer, CCTE, MillerCoors
- Julie Montiel, CCTE, Best Western International
- Barbara Morgan, CCTE, Continental Airlines
- Tim Nall, CCTE, Hertz Corporation
- John Northrop, CCTE, BP America Inc.
- Marcella Oliver, CCTE, Babcock and Brown
- Greg Parish, CCTE, Redding Rancheria
- Elizabeth Peterson, CCTE, Anixter
- Rosanne Peterson, CCTE, The Joint Commission
- Sharon Powell, CCTE, HSBC Bank
- Ralph Randle, CCTE, Logitech Inc.
- Bhart Sarin, CCTE, Allegheny Technologies Inc.
- Rick Wakida, CCTE, Blue Coat Systems
- Anne Waymire, CCTE, Aviva USA
- Jim Wilkins, CCTE, Turner Broadcasting
- Pamela Witherspoon, CCTE, Universal Music Group
- John Wohlleber, CCTE, Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc.
- Susie Woods, CCTE, Duke Energy Corporation
NBTA President & CEO, Kevin Maguire, CCTE, GLP, said, "These corporate travel professionals have taken a huge step to further their careers. Carrying the CTE and CCTE designation is a great achievement and a sign of industry expertise and experience.”
The Global Leadership Professional (GLP) program is the business travel industry’s premier master’s-level education program, offered by the NBTA Foundation in conjunction with The Wharton School of Business. Upon completion of the GLP coursework, participants earn a Certificate of Professional Development from the Wharton School before beginning one-year team projects to earn the GLP designation.
The NBTA Foundation and Wharton today recognized 16 GLP students who earned the Certificate of Professional Development and 14 who earned the GLP designation.
Certificate of Professional Development
- Hans DeHaan, Lufthansa German Airlines
- Kerry Gaylor, CTE, NBTA Foundation
- Robert Gotthart, Kohler Co.
- LaShawn Hampton, Delta Air Lines
- Kieran Hartwell, RADIUS
- Mark Johnson, Textron Inc.
- Christle Johnson, Johnson Partners LLC
- G. Matthew Lederman, Lufthansa German Airlines
- Richard McIntosh, The Hertz Corporation
- Iris Menendez, CCTE, CTC, Fluor Corporation
- Delia Peng, CCTE, U.S. General Services Administration
- Nancy Rissky, CTC, Travel and Transport
- Melinda Ryals, CCTE, Emdeon Business Services, LLC
- Amanda Somers, CCTE, Infor
- Penny Watermeier, CTC, Travel and Transport
- Joan Wilbanks-Keeler, Embassy Suites Outdoor World
- Dan Baillie, CCTE, GLP
- Maylena Burchfield, CCTE, GLP, ADTRAV Travel Management
- Janie Crawford, GLP, AREVA NP, Inc.
- Cheryl Geib, CCTE, GLP, Grant Thornton LLP
- Kelly Henry Luedtke, CCTE, GLP, BNSF Railway Company
- Colleen Kempf, GLP, Omni Hotels
- Susan Long, CCTE, GLP, Corporate Travel Manager
- Joni Miyashiro, GLP
- Debi Scholar, CTE, CMM, CMP, CTT, GLP, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Yasuo Sonoda, CCTE, GLP, Sonoda Travel Management Solutions
- Martin Stoll, GLP, GoSeeTell Network
- Karin Thompson, CCTE, GLP, ViaSat, Inc
- Karen Vanbuskirk, CCTE, GLP, Perot Systems
- Eve White, GLP, HRG North America
NBTA Foundation Chair Fay Beauchine said, “Those who work their way through the ranks of NBTA professional development are truly dedicated to boosting their careers and advancing the global corporate travel industry. These devoted individuals have reached the highest level of industry education, proving their drive and expertise to the business travel community. ”
About NBTA Foundation | The NBTA Foundation is the education and research foundation of the National Business Travel Association (NBTA). The foundation was established in 1997 to support NBTA’s members and the industry as a whole. As the leading education and research foundation in the business travel industry, the NBTA Foundation seeks to fund initiatives to advance the business travel profession. The foundation offers the only master’s-level accredited course and professional designation for the corporate travel professional, the Global Leadership Professional (GLP) program, in partnership with The Wharton School. The industry’s leading benchmarking resource – the Managed Travel Index® (MTI) & Benchmarking Tool – is offered by the foundation. The NBTA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. For more information, see .
About NBTA | The National Business Travel Association (NBTA) is the world’s premier business travel and corporate meetings organization. NBTA and its regional affiliates – NBTA Asia Pacific, the Brazilian Business Travel Association (ABGEV), NBTA Canada, NBTA Mexico, and NBTA USA – serve a network of more than 15,000 business travel professionals around the globe with industry-leading events, networking, education & professional development, research, news & information, and advocacy. NBTA members, numbering more than 4,000 in 30 nations, are corporate and government travel and meetings managers, as well as travel service providers. They collectively manage and direct more than US$200 billion of global business travel and meetings expenditures annually on behalf of more than 10 million business travelers within their organizations. For more information, visit .
About the 2009 NBTA International Convention & Exposition | Widely recognized as the must-attend event for business travel buyers, suppliers, industry leaders and business travel journalists, the 2009 NBTA International Convention & Exposition will be held in San Diego August 23-26, 2009. More than 5,000 travel professionals are expected to take advantage of the Convention’s programming, designed to empower attendees to maximize value for their companies, including more than 65 seminars on the most important topics in business travel, more than 400 companies exhibiting in the Expo and countless opportunities for networking with peers. For details, visit .
Assistant Manager, Communications
Phone: (703) 236-1133