CityCenter Initiates Job Offers for 12,000 Permanent Positions
Opening in December, CityCenter Represents Nation's Single Largest Employment Opportunity
Jobs will be filled at ARIA Resort & Casino, Vdara Hotel and Crystals retail district. Positions cover all departments including food and beverage, hotel operations, casino operations, entertainment, finance, human resources, facilities, security and more. Crystals' retail and restaurant partners each will hire their employees independently. The Harmon, a luxury 400-room boutique hotel, is slated to open at CityCenter in late 2010 and will announce hiring plans at a later date.
CityCenter's Opening Dates
- December 1 - Vdara Hotel
- December 3 - Crystals
- December 4 - Mandarin Oriental
- December 16 - ARIA Resort & Casino
EMPLOYMENT FUN FACTS
- Nearly 4,280 food and beverage employees - including 165 master cooks, 5 sommeliers, 255 bartenders, 60 bakers, 10 shabu shabu cooks, and umerous ice cream and crepe makers - will guide guests on delectable ulinary journeys at ARIA and Vdara's restaurants
- Approximately 130 employees - handling lighting and props to wigs and ake-up - will be behind the scenes to bring ARIA's spectacular Cirque u Soleil production to life
- More than 1,300 table game dealers, floor supervisors, slot operators nd guest service representatives will work in ARIA's casino
- Guests may indulge in soothing treatments from more than 160 massage herapists, aestheticians and manicurists at ARIA and Vdara's spas
- Approximately 1,200 guestroom staff will work at ARIA and Vdara ombined
- Additional unique jobs at CityCenter include running the electric CityCenter Tram, which connects CityCenter to Monte Carlo and Bellagio; and operating the development's 8.5 megawatt co-generation plant, representing the first energy generation on The Strip.
Delivering unprecedented experiences and amenities within a spectacular architectural setting, CityCenter will be the new international destination for resorts, entertainment, dining, nightlife, retail, art and design.
About CityCenter | CityCenter is an unprecedented urban metropolis opening in December 2009 on 67 acres between Bellagio and Monte Carlo resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. CityCenter is a joint venture between MGM MIRAGE (NYSE:MGM) and Infinity World Development Corp, a subsidiary of Dubai World. CityCenter will feature ARIA, a 61-story, 4,004-room gaming resort; luxury non-gaming hotels including Las Vegas' first Mandarin Oriental and Vdara Hotel; Veer Towers, the development's only strictly residential buildings; and Crystals, a 500,000-square-foot retail and entertainment district. Vdara, Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas and Veer Towers will include approximately 2,400 residences total. Additionally, The Harmon, a 400-room luxury boutique hotel, is slated to open at CityCenter in late 2010. CityCenter also will feature a resident Cirque du Soleil production celebrating the timeless musical legacy of Elvis Presley; and an unparalleled Fine Art Collection with works by acclaimed artists including Maya Lin, Jenny Holzer, Nancy Rubins, Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, among others. CityCenter is a design collaboration between MGM MIRAGE and eight internationally acclaimed architectural firms including Pelli Clarke Pelli, Kohn Pedersen Fox, Helmut Jahn, RV Architecture LLC led by Rafael Vi oly, Foster + Partners*, Studio Daniel Libeskind*, David Rockwell and Rockwell Group, and Gensler. At the forefront of sustainability, CityCenter will be one of the world's largest green developments. ARIA and Vdara are the first Las Vegas hotels to achieve LEED Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council. CityCenter's remaining venues are poised to receive a combination of LEED Silver and Gold ratings. For more information about CityCenter, please visit .
* As a consultant to AAI Architects, Inc.