Deloitte THL Executive Report: Winter/Autumn 2009
Exploring Hidden Dephts
Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, geopolitical risks, epidemics, global recession and now a pandemic... The tourism, hospitality and leisure industry finds itself at the forefront of unprecedented challenges. Our latest report looks at some of the changing trends in the industry as a result of the above, including a detailed assessment of the impact of pandemics and the measures businesses are taking to manage their potential exposure.
- Navigating the new normal – aviation and travel, has the landscape changed permanently?
- Saudi Arabia – an overview of the tourism market
- Survival of the fittest – how are sports businesses coping in the downturn?
- US luxury hotels – has luxury lost its lustre?
- The smoking ban – a catalyst for change? Two years on, what has been the impact of the ban on UK pubs and restaurants?
- Pandemics: business unusual? Managing risk proactively