HSMAI Global Launches Official Chapter in United Arab Emirates
Launch Ceremony Focuses on Best Practices, Ideas for Chapter Growth
A new chapter of the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) chartered in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on November 2, 2009, during an official ceremony hosted by Jeff Senior, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Fairmont Raffles and global chair of HSMAI.
Senior presented the UAE Chapter with an official certificate and shared best practices and strategic tips for the success of the chapter in the Middle East. After the launch ceremony, the Board of HSMAI UAE discussed the next steps to increase chapter activities and membership.
“We are very excited and enthusiastic about this launch as the HSMAI offers the ideal platform for networking among hospitality and travel professionals,” said Mona Faraj, chair of the HSMAI UAE Chapter. “Professionals in our region have a great need for a range of affordable training and education across all areas of Sales & Marketing.”
The new UAE Chapter currently has nearly 100 active members and is looking to double this number in 2010. UAE Chapter board members include:
- Asma Abdulla Al Fahim, vice president, European International College of Hotel Management and Tourism
- Adrian Deegan, area director of sales & marketing, Rotana Hotels & Resorts
- Tarek Elsherif, regional director of sales & marketing, Millennium & Copthorne Hotels Middle East and North Africa
- Michael Marshall, corporate vice president, sales & marketing, Rotana
- Jeff Strachan, area director of sales & marketing, Middle East & Africa, Marriott international
- Kristie Goshow, Chief Opportunity Officer, smart Thynking FZE
- Richard Haddad, general manager, Vision Hotels
- Sayed Tayoun, director of sales & marketing, Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
- Terry Kane, Director of Digital Strategy - Jumeirah Group
Visit for more information on the UAE chapter.
Phone: +1 404-832-7711
HSMAI is a global organization of sales, marketing, and revenue management professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI leads the way in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry. Operating as a leading voice for both hospitality and for sales, marketing, and revenue management disciplines, HSMAI connects its members with customers. Founded in the United States in 1927, HSMAI is membership organization comprising 5,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide. HSMAI operates regionally around the globe via Regional boards of directors and staff. There are three regions: the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe, and a chapter in the Middle East. Each region has geographic chapters and signature programs and services for association members. HSMAI has a Global board which is made up of delegates from each Region.