AAHOA Recognizes Award Winners At Its 2010 Annual Convention
- David Kong, President & CEO of Best Western International, received the 2009 AAHOA Award for Excellence, which recognizes the Asian American hotelier who has made a significant contribution to the lodging industry and demonstrated strong leadership, and high standards of excellence.
- Ravi Patel, Burlington, Iowa, received the 2009 Outstanding Future Hotelier of the Year Award, which recognizes an up-and-coming hotelier under the age of 30 years old who demonstrates excellence and ambition within the industry.
- Sangita “Sunny” Bhakta, Lakeville, Minn., received the 2009 Outstanding Woman Hotelier of the Year Award, which recognizes the woman hotelier who has demonstrated strong leadership qualities, a commitment to lodging excellence, and made significant contributions to the industry and her community.
- Babu K. Patel, Lincolnwood, Ill., received the 2009 Cecil B. Day Community Service Award, which recognizes an individual who has demonstrated a strong commitment to serving the Asian American community.
- Deluxe Inn, Vicksburg, Miss., owned by Hasmukhr “Hasu” Patel, received the 2009 IAHA Independent Hotel of the Year Award, which honors an independent hotel that sets a high standard of excellence in quality, service and guest satisfaction.
- Heena S. Patel, Gallatin, Tenn., received a 2009 Director of the Year Award.
- Pratik “Prat” Patel, San Antonio, Texas, received a 2009 Director of the Year Award.
- Suryakant M. Patel, Hansford, Calif., received a 2009 Chairman’s Award.
- Vipin “Bavaji” Patel, Vidalia, La., received a 2009 Chairman’s Award.
- Jaimin Patel, Tampa, Fla., received a 2009 Chairman’s Service Award.
The 2009 Director of the Year and Chairman’s awards were presented by Tarun S. Patel, CHA, 2009 AAHOA Chairman, to each of these AAHOA leaders for their time, effort and outstanding achievements during the past year.
"All of this year’s winners should be commended for their hard work, dedication and commitment to excellence,” said ChandraKant “C.K.” Patel, CHO, 2010 AAHOA Chairman. “They represent the very best that AAHOA has to offer and reflect the core values that serve as the backbone of AAHOA."
“We are very proud to recognize these award recipients for their outstanding achievements,” said Fred Schwartz, AAHOA President. “The things they have been able to accomplish, especially given the continued economic downturn, certainly deserve to be celebrated throughout our industry.”
About AAHOA | The Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA) is THE voice of owners in the hospitality industry. Founded in 1989, AAHOA is now one of the fastest-growing organizations in the industry, with more than 10,000 members owning more than 20,000 hotels that total $128 billion in property value. AAHOA Officers include Chairman ChandraKant “C.K.” Patel, CHO, Vice Chairman Hemant D. “Henry” Patel, Treasurer Alkesh R. “Al” Patel, CHO, Secretary Mehul B. “Mike” Patel, CHA, and President Fred Schwartz, who work closely with a 33-member Board of Directors to provide direction for the association. AAHOA is dedicated to promoting and protecting the interests of its members by inspiring excellence through programs and initiatives in advocacy, industry leadership, professional development, member benefits, and community involvement.