The Search Has Begun For This Year’s Top 25 Minds In Hospitality Sales And Marketing
HSMAI Announces Call for Nominations for Annual Hot List in conjunction with 2010 HSMAI Adrian Awards
The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) has announced a call for nominations for its eighth annual “hot list” of the HSMAI Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales and Marketing. The list, which recognizes the remarkable achievement of sales and marketing professionals in the hospitality, travel and tourism industries, is presented in conjunction with HSMAI’s Adrian Awards.
All hospitality, travel and tourism industry practitioners and suppliers are eligible for nomination, and submissions must pertain to initiatives developed and implemented since January of 2009. Nominations for the “HSMAI Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in Sales & Marketing” should be submitted online at by September 10, 2010.
The 2009 HSMAI Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in Sales & Marketing:
- Peter R. B. Armstrong, Executive Chairman & Founder, Armstrong Group; Owner and Operator of Rocky Mountaineer
- Laura D. Bajkowski, Principal, Bajkowski & Partners
- Thomas E. Baker, Jr., President & Partner, Cruise Center
- Bart Berkey, Director, Ritz-Carlton/Marriott International
- Lillibeth Bishop, Publicity & Promotions Manager- USA, Hong Kong Tourism Board
- Roger Bloss, Founder, President, Chief Executive Officer, Vantage Hospitality Group
- Dr. Eric T. Brey, Director, Center for Resort and Hospitality Business, University of Memphis
- Barry Brown, Director of Sales and Marketing, Hotel del Coronado/Beach Village at the Del
- Julie Canning, President & CEO, Banff Lake Louise Tourism
- Gisìle Danis, Executive Director, Strategic Marketing, Canadian Tourism Commission
- Chekitan Dev, Associate Professor, Cornell University
- Michelle Fee, Co-Founder, Cruise Planners/American Express
- Robert W. Gialloreto, President & CEO, Tourism Victoria
- Sehrab Grewal, Director of Consumer Marketing, Best Western International
- Erika Harms, Executive Director, Tourism Sustainability Council
- Joe Hyman, President & CEO, VIZERGY
- Tjibbe Lambers, Director, Marketing Analytics, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
- Michael A. Perhaes, Assistant Vice President, Marketing, MGM Grand Hotel
- David William Ralls, Partner, AIR Marketing
- Franck Sarrabezolles, Regional Advertising Manager, The Americas, Emirates
- Adam Stewart, CEO, Sandals Resorts International
- Christopher L. Thompson, President & CEO, VISIT FLORIDA
- Scott J. Voeller, Vice President of Brand Strategy & Advertising, MGM Mirage
- Andrew D. Wirth, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Strategic Alliances, Intrawest
- Rosanne Zusman, Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing, Wyndham Hotel Group
The “Top 25” recognition program is held in conjunction with HSMAI’s annual Adrian Awards, which honors the “best of the best” in travel and hospitality marketing in the categories of advertising, public relations and digital marketing. Winners will be recognized at the annual Adrian Awards Gala, January 31, 2011, at the New York Marriott Marquis, and at a VIP reception co-hosted by Expedia Media prior to the Gala. For more information on the Adrian Awards Competition and Gala, visit .
For more information on the Top 25 and the Adrian Awards competition, please contact Desiree LaFont at (703) 506-3297, email AdrianAwards@hsmai.org, visit , or follow Adrian Awards news on Twitter at and Facebook at .
Edelman for HSMAI
HSMAI is a global organization of sales, marketing, and revenue management professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI leads the way in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry. Operating as a leading voice for both hospitality and for sales, marketing, and revenue management disciplines, HSMAI connects its members with customers. Founded in the United States in 1927, HSMAI is membership organization comprising 5,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide. HSMAI operates regionally around the globe via Regional boards of directors and staff. There are three regions: the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe, and a chapter in the Middle East. Each region has geographic chapters and signature programs and services for association members. HSMAI has a Global board which is made up of delegates from each Region.