Ypartnership and Harrison Group Release New Portrait of American Travelers Survey
Two of the leading sources of insight into emerging lifestyles and consumer behavior have co-authored the definitive survey of emerging travel trends in America: the Ypartnership/Harrison Group 2010 Portrait Of American Travelers (SM). Now available for purchase, this national survey of 2,500 U.S. households provides an in-depth examination of the impact of the current economic environment, social values and media habits on the leisure travel habits of Americans with an annual household income of $50,000 or more.
Among the highlights:
- Fully 44 percent of all U.S. leisure travelers took at least one "family vacation" last year, with the incidence of family travel significantly higher than the incidence of households with children (roughly one-third);
- Approximately three in ten U.S. leisure travelers took a "last-minute" vacation last year, which on average were planned approximately six days in advance of departure;
- Nearly two in ten leisure travelers have downloaded a travel-related application (app) to their smart phone;
- Four in ten leisure travelers cite Canada as a destination of interest when thinking about traveling outside the U.S. for medical treatment (the top destination choice);
- Only one in twenty leisure travelers who maintain a profile on any social networking site (46%) has made a travel decision based primarily on research or feedback received from a social networking website such as Facebook, MySpace, YouTube or Twitter.
Ypartnership () is America's leading marketing services company serving travel, leisure and entertainment clients. The agency's Insights group is widely acknowledged as the preeminent source of market intelligence on emerging business and leisure travel trends. The firm also co-authors the quarterly travelhorizons (TM) survey with the U.S. Travel Association.
Harrison Group () is a leading market research and strategy consulting firm specializing in sophisticated market strategy, market analytics, survey and forecasting services. In addition, Harrison Group is the recognized expert in the American affluent and wealth space and also specializes in the travel, real estate, media, financial management, consumer products and interactive entertainment markets.
For further information on the Ypartnership/Harrison Group Portrait Of American Travelers (SM) please contact Dr. Greg Dunn at 407-875-1111, [email protected], or Burr Brown at 203-573-0400 ext. 121, [email protected]