Judges Choose Worldmate as Winner of the Business Traveler Innovation Award
Judges, Business Travelers Voted for Top Innovations That Have Made Life on the Road Easier
The National Business Travel Association (NBTA) and The Wall Street Journal have announced the Judges' Choice for the first-ever Business Traveler Innovation Award. Celebrity judges yesterday chose Worldmate's Live Mobile Travel Software as a top innovation for business travelers. The award, along with those to honor additional winners, was presented today at the 2010 NBTA International Convention & Exposition in Houston.
Craig Banikowski, CCTE, C.P.M., CMM, NBTA President & CEO, said, "The culture of corporate travel continues to evolve, and business travelers are always on the lookout for products and technologies that can make trips faster and more productive. The services we're honoring with the Business Travelers Innovation Awards were confirmed as some of the best by those who know first-hand: the travelers themselves. They've spread the word and now more know which innovations will help them make corporate travel even more beneficial for business."
WorldMate Live Mobile Travel Software tracks every trip and sends real-time alerts about itinerary updates and changes, including flight delays and cancellations. WorldMate products also feature travel resources including flight schedules, weather forecasts, travel directories, maps, world clocks and a currency converter.
Celebrity judges included:
- Terry Jones, Founder and former CEO of Travelocity.com
- Chris McGinnis, Travel Expert and Author
- Patricia Schultz, Author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die
- Edward Silver, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the National Business Travel Association
- Andrew Winterton, President Suppliers, Products and Technology of Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Travelers' Choice Award
The 2010 NBTA Business Traveler Innovation Travelers' Choice Award was presented to Continental Airlines for the Mobile Boarding Pass. Paperless boarding passes enable customers to display a 2D bar code along with passenger and flight information on their mobile phone, eliminating the need for a paper boarding pass. The Traveler's Choice Award received the most votes from business travelers.
The following winners received the most votes from business travelers in their respective categories:
- Sustainable Practice: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Energy Efficient Thin Client Terminals
- Travel Personalization: Continental Airlines Mobile Boarding Pass
- Traveler Comfort and Well-Being: The Heavenly Bed by Westin Hotels and Resorts
- Meetings & Conventions: The Hyatt Meeting Promise
- Outstanding Apps: TripIt Travel Orgainzer
- Travel Convenience & Efficiency: The National Car Rental Emerald Club
- Business Collaboration: Show and Share by Cisco Systems
- Traveler Productivity: iPad by Apple, Inc.
About the 2010 NBTA International Convention & Exposition
Widely recognized as the must-attend event for business travel buyers, suppliers, industry leaders and business travel journalists, the 2010 NBTA International Convention & Exposition is taking place in Houston August 8-11, 2010. More than 5,600 travel professionals will take advantage of the Convention's programming, designed to empower attendees to maximize value for their companies, including more than 65 seminars on the most important topics in business travel, more than 400 companies exhibiting in the Expo and countless opportunities for networking with peers. For details, visit www.nbtaconvention.org.
Assistant Manager, Communications
Phone: (703) 236-1133
About the Global Business Travel Association
The Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) is the world's premier business travel and meetings trade organization headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area with operations on six continents. GBTA's 9,000-plus members manage more than $345 billion of global business travel and meetings expenditures annually. GBTA delivers world-class education, events, research, advocacy and media to a growing global network of more than 28,000 travel professionals and 125,000 active contacts. To learn how business travel drives lasting business growth, visit gbta.org.