How to Respond to Online Hotel Reviews
Opinions about your hotel abound on review sites. How you react to these reviews can be the difference between convincing a consumer to book with you or driving them straight into the arms of another hotel.
As more and more travelers seek online reviews prior to booking a trip, it is imperative for hoteliers to know exactly what people are saying about their hotel online. The bottom line is that online reviews are popular and people seek other travelers' opinions and experiences before they make a purchasing decision. Instead of looking at reviews with horror, these sites should be taken as opportunities to improve your hotel's branding. Since the internet allows you to see guest feedbacks almost immediately, it makes it easy for hotels to learn about guest experiences, address any problems, and solve them immediately. The Internet's instant delivery of information can help hotels improve their guests perception and bottom line revenue.
- Identify the relevant hotel department in which the review is directed at (i.e. F&B, housekeeping, etc.). Then, determine the appropriate personnel who is responsible for responding to reviews for this department. Who better to respond to a room cleanliness complaint than the Director of Housekeeping?
- Once the reviews manager is established for each hotel department, the next step is to monitor the online reviews. This can be done by determining the major online review channels and investing time reviewing the comments on those channels. Another option is to invest in a social media monitoring tool which can aggregate data in a single report. This option can save a hotel team valuable time by eliminating the need to log in to every channel to review guest comments. Several tools are available in the market, so when selecting a social media monitoring system, such as eBuzz ConnectTM, be sure to compare tools and choose the system that fits your needs and budget.
- For review channels that allow manager responses, such as TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc., try to respond to most, if not all, guest reviews – both positive reviews and negative reviews. By responding to guest reviews in a professional and timely manner, it shows the consumers that the hotel cares about its guests' experiences and improving its services.
- Start by thanking the guest for their comments
- Offer an explanation for their experience (whether good or bad)
- Outline the steps the hotel is taking to improve the experience – or if the comment is positive, maintain the experience
- Invite further communication from the guest and provide direct contact information to personalize the response
- TripAdvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/management_response_guidelines
- Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/business/review_response
Phone: +1 408-200-6871
About Milestone Inc
Milestone offers innovative digital marketing strategies for businesses and hotels around the world. Milestone drives revenue directly to businesses with innovative proprietary software and tailored support. Milestone focuses on increasing businesses" digital presence, growing your customer base by allowing searchers to easily find your business and book direct. Learn more about Milestone software and services by contacting Walter Paliska, email@example.com, or visiting www.milestoneinternet.com.