Wyndham Worldwide Lays Out Strategic Plan for its 13 Brands
Also New Logos and Taglines
This entertainment-based hotel offering will complement Wyndham Hotel Group’s portfolio by expanding its appeal to a much wider audience. For the full press release, click here.
In addition to the announcement, which brings Wyndham Hotel Group’s brand offerings to 13, the over 5,700 hotel owners, general managers and staff attending the conference learned about the Hotel Group’s strategic plan which builds upon its vision to be the world’s leading hotel company in size, customer value and performance.
Eric A. Danziger, Wyndham Hotel Group president and CEO, described newly launched initiatives including the:
- Redesign of all brand websites and the addition of expert resources to manage them
- Enhancement of property content on the brand websites and the development of a comprehensive content management strategy
- Refinement of the rate management strategy, organization, process and technology to help ensure consistency of rates across all distribution channels
- Evolution of the Central Reservation System from two platforms to one allowing for easier rate loading and management
- New online functionality that will enable shoppers to see all Wyndham Hotel Group brands on the company’s branded websites
- Repositioning of the industry-leading Wyndham Rewards® program, including a fall promotion that features a variety of targeted offers to members based on their purchase habits, including double and triple points as well as free nights
Addressing attendees, Danziger said, “We want long-term relationships, and to that end, we want to provide the best resources that we can so you can’t imagine being in business with anyone else. We want to be the company to be with and stay with.”
Officially unveiled today were new Wyndham Worldwide logos, including a new Wyndham Hotel Group logo, designed to create a more cohesive and consistent identity across all of the company’s business units.
A new Wyndham Rewards loyalty program logo and tagline, developed to be more memorable and consumer-friendly, were also revealed. The new tagline, ‘Rewards right around the corner,’ reinforces the ease of earning rewards and the breadth of the Hotel Group’s footprint. The program’s new collateral and advertisements showcase hotel brand logos and use photography in a way that creates a distinct, sophisticated look that is easily customized for a different season, region, destination or travel occasion.
Among the other announcements made at the conference:
- The Hotel Group announced an integrated brand and marketing strategy that unites its Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® and affiliated Wingate® by Wyndham and Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham brands and sets the stage for brand and marketing integration with the newly acquired TRYP® by Wyndham brand. The strategy allows the brands to reach a broader consumer base, more effectively target consumers in key segments and significantly extend marketing reach. View the full release here.
- The Microtel Inns & Suites® brand, ranked “Highest in Guest Satisfaction among Economy/Budget Hotel Chains” by J.D. Power and Associates for an unprecedented ninth consecutive year, unveiled its new marketing campaign including a new logo and tagline, ‘A better place to stay.’ The tagline speaks to the clean, comfortable and affordable rooms guests can expect when they stay with Microtel hotels. The illustrated campaign aims to provide travelers with the peace of mind that they made the right lodging choice.
- The Travelodge® brand has launched a new tagline, ‘Stay Close to Adventure,’ and a creative campaign featuring a bright, engaging and animated cast of adventure characters. The campaign seeks to own everyday adventure for the Travelodge brand and positions its properties as the value-driven hotels located right where family adventures happen. To view the new commercials, click here.
- The Howard Johnson® brand renewed its relationship with the Harlem Globetrotters for the second year, making the chain the official hotel brand of the Globetrotters. The deal includes sponsorship of the team’s 2011 North American tour, which begins Dec. 26, 2010, and enables the Howard Johnson brand to include the team in its advertising.
- The Wingate by Wyndham brand unveiled its first “readaptation” at Los Angeles International Airport. A readaptation involves taking an existing structure in a high-barrier-to-entry market that cannot easily accommodate new construction and building whatever is necessary to deliver the brand essence so the Wingate experience is transparent to the guest. The strategy is designed to complement the brand’s new construction development efforts and enable new growth opportunities while delivering quality guest experiences. Click here for additional detail.
During the conference, at the request of Wyndham Hotel Group, the Wyndham Worldwide Foundation donated $100,000 to the Starlight Children’s Foundation, Wyndham Hotel Group’s Signature Charity. The funds will be used to support the foundation’s mission of providing entertainment, education and family activities to help seriously ill children and their families cope with the pain, fear and isolation of prolonged illness.
Wyndham Hotel Group, part of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, is the world’s largest hotel company with nearly 7,200 hotels and approximately 607,000 rooms under the 13 hotel brands: Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Planet Hollywood Hotels, Ramada®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Wingate by Wyndham, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Microtel Inns & Suites, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Howard Johnson, Travelodge and Knights Inn®.
All hotels are independently owned and operated excluding certain Wyndham and international Ramada hotels which are managed by our affiliate or through a joint venture partner. Wyndham Hotel Group is based in Parsippany, N.J. Additional information is available at .
Christine Da Silva
Director, Media Relations | Wyndham Hotel Group
Phone: +1 (973) 753-6590