OpenTravel Alliance Finalizes 2010B New Message & Business Functionality
The following new message specifications were evaluated and finalized, as indicated previously:
Hotel Inventory Change Message (facilitates streamlined hotel inventory availability transactions for trading partners that cache hotel rates and availability information from hotel suppliers. The messages are designed to alleviate two significant challenges faced by both hotel suppliers and their trading partners, which are out of synch caches and rising infrastructure/support costs associated with handling a high volume of availability transactions)
- Rail Schedule Facilitates exchanging rail schedule information between a rail operator and trading partners.
- Rail Confirm Booking Facilitates exchanging rail booking information between a rail operator and trading partners Rail Ignore Booking Facilitates exchanging rail booking cancellation between a rail operator and trading partners
- Rail Payment Facilitates payment for a rail reservation
As well as the following enhanced OpenTravel messages:
- Vehicle Rental No Show Fees facilitates a no show fee charged to a customer
- Electronic Miscellaneous Documents (EMD) for Air Messagesallows OpenTravel implementers to exchange fee-related information
- vaCharitable Donation Information in Air, Car and Hotel Booking Request support for micro-donations in OpenTravel Air, Car and Hotel booking request messages.
To access the full schema log-on to http://www.opentravel.org/Specificationsor click here.
About OpenTravel Alliance | OpenTravel's mission is to engineer specifications to ensure traveler and supplier information flow smoothly throughout travel, tourism andhospitality. OpenTravel creates, expands and drives adoption of open specifications, including but not limited to the use of XML, for the electronic exchange of business information among all sectors of the travel industry. OpenTravel is comprised of companies representing airlines, car rental firms, hotels, cruise lines, railways, leisure suppliers, service providers, tour operators, travel agencies, solutions providers, technology companies and distributors. Tens of thousands of OpenTravel message structures are in use, carrying tens of millions of messages between trading partners every day. To learn more about OpenTravel visit .