Best Western Debuts "Indie Films" Featuring Independent Best Western Hotel Owners
Short films celebrate the small business entrepreneurs behind the chain's hotels
Best Western International, the World's Biggest Hotel Family(SM), unveiled this week the brand's first series of Independent Films – three-minute documentaries that tell the inspiring stories of five Best Western hotel owners. These films exemplify the independent spirit and commitment to hands-on management of the brand's more than 2,200 individually owned and operated hotels across North America.
These unique films are also being entered within a number of regional and national film festivals in 2011, including the LA Shorts Fest, NXT Stage and Atlantic Film Festival, to further share the personal stories of Best Western's hotel owners, the backbone of the iconic hotel chain.
"Thanks to the dedication of our independent owner-operators and their ability to connect with guests, which is the essence of the hospitality industry, Best Western has become one of the most trusted and respected hotel brands in the world," said Dorothy Dowling, Best Western's senior vice president of marketing and sales. "Our owners have long been featured in Best Western advertising, and are truly the heroes of our brand. We want guests to peek behind the curtain to see the generations of hard work and commitment that have made our owners important contributors to their local communities."
The Best Western Independent Films feature the following hoteliers:
- Alnoor Tejpar, British Columbia
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Meadows
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Langley Inn
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Suites Downtown
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency Inn & Conference Center
- Bart Baker, Davenport, Iowa
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Dubuque Hotel & Conference Center
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Steeplegate Inn
- Bill O'Connell, Anaheim, Calif.
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Pavilions
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Inn
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn & Mini-Suites
- Dale Gerstner, Jefferson City, Mo.
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Capital Inn
- Jim Cosgrove, Paradise, Paradise, Penn.
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Revere Inn & Suites
These films were created by Best Western and its partner advertising agency, New York-based Gotham, Inc.
About Best Western® Hotels & Resorts
Best Western Hotels & Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand within the BWH Hotel GroupSM global network. With 18 brands and approximately 4,700 hotels in over 100 countries and territories worldwide*, BWH Hotel Group suits the needs of developers and guests in every market. Brands include Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, Vīb®, GLō®, Aiden®, Sadie®, BW Premier Collection® and BW Signature Collection®. Through acquisition, WorldHotelsTM Luxury, WorldHotels Elite, WorldHotels Distinctive and WorldHotels Crafted collections are also offered. Completing the portfolio is SureStay®, SureStay Plus®, SureStay Collection® and SureStay StudioSM franchises**. For more information visit bestwestern.com, bestwesterndevelopers.com, worldhotels.com and surestay.com.
* Numbers are approximate, may fluctuate, and include hotels currently in the development pipeline.
**All Best Western, WorldHotels and SureStay branded hotels are independently owned and operated.