Greater New York Chapter Receives Honor From HSMAI At Annual Leadership Conference
Local Chapter Awarded for Excellence and Innovation
“We take time every year to salute the thought leaders and innovators in the various HSMAI Americas Region chapters who are truly pushing the envelope and challenging all in the industry to be more creative and work at a higher level,” said Fran Brasseux, HSMAI Executive Vice President.
The HSMAI Greater NY Chapter received Best of the Best honors in the following categories:
- Awards & Recognition
- Collegiate Chapters
- Customer Interaction
- Educational Programming
- Leadership Development
“I am proud of all the volunteer leadership of the Greater NY chapter and the effort they make to ensure our chapter continues the long tradition of award-winning educational programming, industry networking, student development and community outreach,” said Louis Zameryka, President, HSMAI Greater NY Chapter. “To be recognized as the ‘Best of the Best’ validates our volunteers’ dedication and commitment to HSMAI’s Greater NY Chapter and shows that we are fulfilling our mission to contribute positively to the success of the hospitality industry as well as to the careers and personal development of industry professionals who live and work in the Greater NY area.”
HSMAI leaders also took away inspiration from Leadership Conference speakers including:
- Dr. Lalia Rach of NYU on “Demanding Situations: When leadership really matters”
- Louis Zamperini, subject of the best seller Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption on “Enduring All Tests, Time Included”
- Holly Zoba, Senior Vice President, Signature Worldwide on “Social Media, it’s not just for fun anymore: Reframing Sales Strategies”
- Cindy Novotny, Managing Partner, Master Connection Associates on “Power of One: Overcoming the New Challenges”
- Linda Swindling, JD, CSP on “Personal Leadership Branding”
- Vail Brown, Vice President of Business Development, STR on the new HSMAI Foundation published “Distribution Channel Analysis: a Guide for Hotels”
For more information on the HSMAI Greater NY Chapter, visit: .
HSMAI is an organization of sales and marketing professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI has become the industry champion in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry, and bringing together customers and members at annual events. Founded in 1927, HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 39 chapters in the Americas Region with the Greater New York Chapter being the largest.
For more information on HSMAI, visit or contact Kathie Stapleton at phone: 914-762-1456; fax: 914-944-9227; or e-mail: email@example.com.
Phone: (516) 594-4100