HSMAI Revenue Optimization Conference (ROC) To Focus On The Evolution Of Revenue Management
HSMAI ROC Event Co-Located with HITEC in Baltimore
“HSMAI is completely dedicated to keeping hospitality professionals the best in the industry, and the Revenue Optimization Conference is an integral part of that,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. “It is our mission to ensure each attending individual builds on their knowhow of revenue management and be well-informed of all aspects of the evolving industry, the challenges and how to effectively implement strategies to improve their businesses. HSMAI’s ROC has become a must-attend event within the hotel industry, with corporate and regional revenue professionals from more than 70 hotels companies in attendance in 2011.”
ROCketing the industry forward, the overall focus of ROC this year is the “Evolution of Revenue Management.” ROC is proudly organized by HSMAI’s Revenue Management Advisory Board and strives to encompass top-of-mind issues and trends in revenue management for the hospitality industry. When planning ROC, the Board takes into mind feedback on the conference from prior years to make sure the conference continues to address the most crucial topics to attendees. Last year’s ROC conference of more than 300 professionals garnered 92 percent of participants rating the conference as excellent or good.
“This year’s Revenue Optimization Conference will build on the success of previous events and deliver expert insights on pricing, distribution, consumer analytics and much more,” said Sloan F. Dean III, CRME, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Interstate Hotels & Resort, and co-chair of HSMAI Revenue Management Advisory Board. “There will be an added emphasis on technology and distribution since both areas are changing at a rapid pace. ROC 2012 is shaping up to be the strongest HSMAI Revenue Management Conference we’ve hosted to date, all with the goal of helping industry professionals lead their revenue management operations as the discipline continues to evolve.”
This year’s ROC will offer the below sessions.
Conference sessions include:
- Industry Thought Leader Panel addressing today’s top challenges in distribution, moderated by Dr. Lalia Rach of New York University and Cindy Esits Green of Kalibri Labs. Panel includes: Gareth Gaston, senior vice president, global eCommerce, Wyndham Hotel Group; Stephany Verstraete, CMO, RoomKey; Scot Hornick, partner, Oliver Wyman
- Revenue Management Insight Session on optimization: Scott Deaver, executive vice president – strategy, Avis Budget Group
Breakout sessions in Innovation, Strategy, and FAST (Fundamentals | Acumen | Strategies | Tactics) tracks:
- Strengthening Your Team’s Core Competencies
- Translate Math to English
- SoLoMo – The evolution of social media, local, and mobile search marketing in the lodging and travel industry
- Getting on the Road to Total Revenue Management
- Market Segmentation Refined
- Using Analytics to Unleash the Power of Pricing
- Beyond Displacement: Optimizing Group Business
- Leveraging Emerging Channels
- Pricing Strategies to Preserve Value and Manage Risk
- Pricing in a Social World: Understanding the Impact of User Generated Content on Purchase Decisions
- The Most Profitable and Most Ignored Channel
- Breaking Out of the Box
- Optimizing DIDO
- How Technology is Shaping Hotel Operations
HSMAI will co-present with Rainmaker the HSMAI Americas Revenue Management Professional of the Year Award. This award is reserved for those who exude excellence in the field of revenue management in the hospitality industry. Nominations come from local HSMAI chapters and the industry overall. Submissions will be accepted until April 15, and those interested can find the nomination form on the HSMAI website.
The Platinum Conference partner is IDeaS™, a SAS Company. Silver Conference partners include Amadeus, Easy RMS, Digital Alchemy, PROS, STR and Travelocity. Bronze Conference partners include Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP). Exhibitors include Datavision Technologies, Inc., Rainmaker, Revinate, TravelClick and TripAdvisor. Media partners include Global Presentations, LLC, HotelNewsNow.com, Hospitality Upgrade and HSyndicate.
Following ROC, senior hospitality professionals responsible for marketing and sales in a resort setting also can participate in HSMAI’s Resort Marketing Strategy Conference in Baltimore on June 26. Additional details are available online.
For more information on ROC or to view the complete conference schedule, visit .
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry's leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI's MEET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Management Strategy Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at , , and .