Energising hotel management teams to enact change with hoteldoctor™
Generate a profit uplift that generates 15 times Return on Investment (ROI)
It is likely that a business assessment adopting the hoteldoctor™ format will suggest both strategic and tactical changes - these are likely to be in the areas of operational excellence, asset management and brand management. The hotel management or leadership team will see opportunities to build revenue, profit, guest experience, employee engagement and much more - taking our experience, skills and knowledge, and monetarising the information acquired.
Our work is always tailored to the hotel's product and positioning and is likely to include:
- Costs and cash flows
- Organisation and people
- Competitive position
- Analysis of trend of (a) food and beverage revenue, (b) rooms and (c) spa revenues
- Review of channels of distribution for all revenues including website
- Review of key accounts, segmentation, sources of business, reasons for staying
- Review of key account management, sales and marketing action plans
- Review online and offline customer satisfaction
- Review of historic P&L cost centres, with a focus on cost of food & beverage and labour
- Review of balance sheet and cash flow
- (if possible) benchmarking P&L on a per available room and per occupied room basis
- Review Capex plans
- Review organisation chart and senior job descriptions
- Interview leadership, management and other team leaders
- Review performance management programmes and any rewards programmes
- Review staff satisfaction survey
- Visit competitor hotels
- Visually review front and back of house
- Undertake customer journey
- Review customer satisfaction surveys
In a turnaround situation, the upside impact on profit following a hoteldoctor™ assignment can be substantial. In a recent case, the client's profit uplift repaid its investment in our services 15 times within six months.
Independent hotels, management companies and hotel owners will both benefit particularly in situations where the Board believes there is room to improve. But the hotel operating team will also benefit by being exposed to best practice, independent advice and to highly knowledgeable advisors.
As a client said earlier this year after being asked, "So was it worth it?" he replied robustly: "Without a doubt!! Now we have to use it to move the business forward."
Phone: +44 (0) 845 481 2628