Hospitality Industry ‘Finance, Revenue Management and IT Professionals of the Year’ named at Annual HOSPA Christmas Awards 2012
First ever HOSPA Revenue Management Education Programme student awards announced
The 2012 HOSPA Winners – all recipients of engraved crystal trophies and certificates – were:
1. HOSPA Hospitality Professionals Award Winners 2012:
- Hospitality Finance Professional 2012, sponsored by PKF, was awarded to Adolf Schauer, Financial Controller, The Cavendish London
- Hospitality Revenue Management Professional 2012, sponsored by Infor, was presented to Clinton Campbell, Group Revenue Manager, Apex Hotels
- Hospitality IT Professional 2012, sponsored by FourteenIP, was won by Kate Roberts, Senior Director Information Resources Central Services, Marriott Hotels
2. HOSPA Company Commitment to Professional Development Award Winners 2012:
- Corporate Employer of the Year 2012 was awarded to Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
- SME Employer of the Year 2012 was presented to St. Ermin's Hotel, London – part of MGallery Collection of memorable hotels by Accor
Nominations for the above top HOSPA award categories, put forward by Members of the Association to a special HOSPA selection committee, had tohave: an exemplary track record; be willing to train and lead their staff; be totally dedicated to the hospitality industry, with the intention of remaining in the profession; demonstrate strong attention to detail; keep abreast of current codes of practice; and command respect within the hospitality sector and wider business community.
3. A Special
Award – an engraved crystal trophy for 'Outstanding Services to BAHA and its Successor HOSPA' – was made to:
- Mark Lightbound, Director of Finance at Coombe Abbey Hotel, near Coventry, and Lumley Castle Hotel, near Durham (both part of the No Ordinary Hotel Group),who is retiring from his voluntary role as BAHA then HOSPA Treasurer after eighteen years' loyal and devoted service to the Association in this role.
Commenting on Mark Lightbound's award, HOSPA Chief Executive Carl Weldon said: "We are greatly indebted to Mark for his voluntary commitment to the work of the Association, spanning many years – including serving from 1994 to the present date as BAHA then HOSPA Treasurer. Mark's outstanding contribution has greatly assisted BAHA's evolvement into HOSPA, and helped the Association become the growing and thriving body it is today."
4. HOSPA Student Award Winners 2012 for the Association's Education and Training Programmes (ETP) in Financial Management, as well as for the first time Revenue Management:
- 'HOSPA Outstanding Student of the Year' 2012 – based on HOSPA Education and Training Programme (ETP) examination results 2011/12 recorded in both the Finance and Revenue Management Education programmes – was won by Jolanta Pieczulis, Finance Graduate Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham. She received a crystal trophy, certificate, and a laptop sponsored by FourteenIP and Hewlett Packard. Jolanta also won acash prize and certificate for best performance in the February 2012 HOSPA ETP examinations in Financial Management for Stage 1: Introduction to Financial Accounting
Cash prizes and certificates were then given to the top HOSPA ETP students, based on their results in each of the HOSPA examination categories for the Financial Management and Revenue Management training programmes, taken in both September 2011 and February 2012.
The September 2011 HOSPA Financial Management Education Programme examination prize winners were:
- Stage 1 – Introduction to Financial Accounting: Stephanie Quinto, Financial Executive , Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai
- Stage 2 – Operational Management Accounting: Sarah Kundi, Accounts Assistant, Brown's Hotel, London
- Stage 3 – Strategic Management Accounting: Elena Popova, Audit Associate, Deloitte
The February 2012 HOSPA Financial Management Education Programme examination prize winners were:
- Stage 1 – Introduction to Financial Accounting: Jolanta Pieczulis, Finance Graduate Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham
- Stage 2 – Operational Management Accounting: Judith Marx, Finance Futura Trainee, Sheraton Amsterdam Airport and Hotel Pulitzer
- Stage 3 – Strategic Management Accounting: Sarah Kundi, Accounts Assistant, Brown's Hotel, London
The September 2011 HOSPA Revenue Management Education Programme examination prize winners were:
- Stage 1: Introduction to Revenue Management: Christina Willey, Regional Revenue Manager North West ,Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
The February 2012 HOSPA Revenue Management Education Programme examination prize winners were:
- Stage1: Introduction to Revenue Management: Emma Smith, Central Revenue Manager, Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
- Stage 2: Operational Revenue Management: Christina Willey, Regional Revenue Manager North West ,Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
The HOSPA Education and Training Programme (ETP) in Financial Management is the entry route to Associate membership of HOSPA for new and inexperienced finance personnel in the industry. The programme provides learning and skills development for aspiring hospitality accounting professionals wishing to gain the skills and knowledge required to manage hospitality finance divisions, or gain an understanding of the accounting function of a hospitality unit. The 3-stage blended learning programme, studied over three-6-month periods, provides the flexibility for accounts personnel to fit their learning around their busy working day. Stage 1 is an Introduction to Financial Accounting; Stage 2 is Operational Management Accounting; and Stage 3 is Strategic Management Accounting.
In 2011,HOSPA – which has provided the industry specific, hospitality focused programme in Financial Management for over 23 years – introduced a similar programme for Revenue Management; and 2012 is, therefore, the first year the student Revenue Management ETP awards have been made.
Phone: +44 1725 552835
HOSPA (Hospitality Professionals Association for Finance, Revenue Managementand IT) is a non-profit educational organisation, formed to bring together those hospitality industry professionals involved in Financial Management, Revenue Management and IT. Not only is HOSPA recognised as the UK"s authoritative voice in the hospitality industry on financial management, technical accounting issues, taxation, and hotel valuation, but also as the leading arena for debate on hotel technology developments and issues, and Revenue Management topics, through their prestigious annual HOSPACE Conference and meetings programmes (www.hospace.org) . The membership has expanded to nearly 1,100 members. HOSPA – which has provided an industry specific, hospitality focused programme in Financial Management for over 23 years – has recently introduced a similar programme for Revenue Management. HOSPA is on all major Social media channels especially Twitter on @HOSPATweets. For more information, visit: www.hospa.org