Hilton Worldwide Continues Record Growth with the Fastest Rate in the Industry
Opening 171 Hotels among Major Achievements in 2012, and Industry-Leading Pipeline Now Includes Nearly 1,000 Hotels
In 2012, Hilton Worldwide continued its rapid growth in each region of the world, and more than 60 percent of its pipeline and nearly 80 percent of its rooms under construction are now outside the United States. It has the largest pipeline of any hospitality company in the Americas, Europe and Middle East & Africa, and the most rooms under construction in Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East & Africa. It also has the second largest pipeline in Asia Pacific, and the second most rooms under construction in the Americas.
Additionally, Hilton Worldwide:
- Increased its pipeline in the Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa regions, which are expected to double their supply in the coming years.
- Achieved the industry's largest pipeline in Europe with nearly 140 hotels and more than 25,000 rooms in the pipeline. One in five rooms under construction in Europe has a Hilton Worldwide brand.
- Expanded throughout the Americas, and continued as the largest hotel company in the U.S. with more than 3,400 hotels and 510,500 rooms currently open and more than 530 hotels and 66,000 rooms in the pipeline.
"In 2012, we achieved phenomenal success and further established ourselves as the preeminent hospitality company by adding to a long list of accomplishments from the last five years," said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton Worldwide. "We continued to find even more ways of providing the very best service to our guests around the world and benefiting the communities where we operate, including delivering thousands of new jobs as a result of our unprecedented growth."
In 2012, Hilton Worldwide's brands and loyalty program also led the industry with several accomplishments and milestones, including:
- Hilton HHonors celebrated its 25th anniversary and added four million members to reach a record total of more than 34 million members.
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts attained the largest pipeline among other comparable luxury brands as a percentage of existing supply. Additionally, Waldorf Astoria announced its True Waldorf Service, which assigns a personal concierge to each qualified guest, and Conrad launched the Conrad Concierge, a mobile app that allows guests to personalize their service and accommodations.
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts expanded its portfolio to 80 countries and territories as it entered Qatar, Peru and Lebanon.
- DoubleTree by Hilton added 49 hotels to its brand portfolio and entered four new markets: Spain, Thailand, Croatia and Japan, opening its 300th hotel in Okinawa.
- Embassy Suites Hotels maintained the largest pipeline among U.S. upper upscale brands and opened three new Design Option III properties, a concept that allows its developers more flexibility.
- In the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index StudySM, Homewood Suites was awarded the highest ranking in the extended stay segment for the ninth year and Hilton Garden Inn achieved the highest ranking in the upscale segment for the ninth time in the past 11 years. Hampton Hotels was also recognized as a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion.
- Hilton Garden Inn opened its 500th hotel in the Americas and entered new countries including Switzerland, Argentina and the Netherlands.
- Hampton Hotels was selected as the number-one franchise in Entrepreneur's Annual Franchise 500 for the third consecutive year, and is the only hotel brand to ever be named as the number-one franchise on this list.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton continued its rapid growth with 13 hotels currently open and more than 70 properties in the pipeline, including its first properties in Canada and Mexico.
- Hilton Grand Vacations recorded the most successful year in its history with its highest sales volume ever.
Hilton Worldwide also announced several other major accomplishments in 2012, including:
- Achieving its five-year goal to reduce total waste output by 20 percent, a full two years ahead of schedule, as well as over $147 million in cumulative savings from efficiency projected for hotels reporting through LightStay, its proprietary sustainability measurement system.
- Adding 120 spas to its portfolio in 2012 and furthering its position as one of the world's largest spa providers, with more than 370 spas in operation and 175 in the pipeline.
- Introducing three new food and beverage casual dining concepts for its full service brands: Herb n' Kitchen, Made Market and Brickstones Grill. These concepts will debut at Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton and Embassy Suites properties this year.
- Celebrating its first Global Week of Service, which included more than 800 volunteer projects across 51 countries.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising nearly 4,900 properties with more than 796,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world"s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Hilton HHonors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits including an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi, as well as digital amenities that are available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton HHonors app, where Hilton HHonors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.