Top Ten Marriott Associates Take the Spotlight
Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) has honored ten associates from around the world with its highest honor, the J. Willard Marriott Award of Excellence. Established in 1987 in honor of the company's founder, the Award of Excellence is presented annually to Marriott associates nominated by their supervisors or peers for their outstanding performance, and for demonstrating the five key traits inscribed on the award medallion: achievement, character, dedication, effort and perseverance.
- Ms. Jinney Byrne Breakfast Ambassador Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North Temple Terrace, Florida
- Ms. Marfelia Fernandez Spa Manager Orlando World Center Marriott Orlando, Florida
- Ms. Mercy Fernandez Director of Housekeeping The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mr. Gilbert Gonzales Podium Agent Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center Grapevine, Texas
- Mr. Ben Voogd Navigator Concierge Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Ms. Phyllis Hill Johnson Senior Director, Owner & Franchise Services Marriott International, Inc. Bethesda, Maryland
- Ms. Phyllis Hester Assistant to the Executive Chairman of the Board Marriott International, Inc. Bethesda, Maryland
- Mr. Richard Rivera Door Attendant Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center Cleveland, Ohio
- Ms. Shirley Nelson Executive/Sales Administrative Assistant Bethesda Marriott Bethesda, Maryland
- Ms. Tanya Ritter Front Office Manager Melbourne Marriott Hotel Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The Alice S. Marriott Award for Community Service is presented to a Marriott business unit and its team of associates in recognition of excellence in corporate citizenship. This prestigious award recognizes the desire of Marriott and its people to carry on the commitment of the company's founders by giving energy, time and resources to help improve the lives of others. This year's recipient was the Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, Jamaica, New York.
The J.W. Marriott, Jr., Diversity Excellence Award is the highest form of recognition for a business unit, corporate department or individual that demonstrates excellence in promoting diversity and building an environment of inclusion for all. This year's recipient was Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, London, United Kingdom.