At Ataway Exchange 2013, Cendyn® Shares Latest Research/Findings On How To Compete In A Data-Driven Marketplace, Moderates Panel Discussion
Cendyn Hosts Hospitality Digital Marketing Professionals During Private Lunch Session Titled “Data is the New Currency of Hospitality Digital Marketing”
Sullivan proposed three components essential to a successful data-driven marketing strategy in order to achieve a competitive advantage:
- The ability to capture and store data
- The tools to segment, analyze and visualize data
- The resources to make meaning of and take action on the data
The session was complemented by panelist and Google Channel Sales Head of Travel, Automotive and Legal Services Christopher Fong, who reported on the latest Google traveler trends.
Sullivan then moderated a panel discussion entitled "Data is the New Currency of Hospitality Digital Marketing," along with Fong and three other leading digital marketers in the travel industry: Neil Cantor, Vice President of Leisure Sales & Marketing, Revel Entertainment; Michael Bennett, Managing Director, Digital Marketing & Strategy, KSL Resorts; and John C. Tolbert, Principal and Managing Director, Revelation Consultancy. Topics the panel discussed included:
- Which of the three essential components to successful data-driven marketing strategy is most challenging for the hospitality industry and why
- Other essential components to successful data-driven marketing strategy
- How the approach and makeup of marketing teams has changed over the past few years in relation to the exponential growth in data
- How to leverage data and analytics to be more efficient and effective in reaching and retaining guests
- Experiences with BT (behavioral targeting) advertising and if these capabilities will continue to evolve and expand
- If the Facebook Exchange is a game changer
- How to leverage first-party CRM data in digital marketing strategy
- How digital strategy has evolved to keep pace with smartphones and tables
"Consumers are interacting with hospitality brands in new ways that don't coincide with previous digital marketing strategies," said John Tolbert. "To effectively communicate with target audiences, it's absolutely essential for marketers to have cutting-edge, data-driven strategies. Cendyn did an excellent job presenting the latest strategies and leading a panel discussion to explore how the hospitality industry can maximize the effects of digital marketing."
"Today, it's crucial for hospitality brands to leverage the new data-driven digital ecosystem to drive bottom-line results," said Cendyn President Charles Deyo. "Now more than at any other time in history, brands are able to reach their target audience with the right message, at the right time, more accurately. We were pleased to share our research and findings with digital marketing professionals at Ataway Exchange 2013."
Going to HITEC 2013 in Minneapolis, MN on June 25th – 27th? Visit booth 1143 to meet with Cendyn's team and RoundTableHQ to learn how we can increase your revenue with award-winning online solutions and strategies.
The Ataway Exchange is a venue where leaders and executives in the travel industry network and interface with experts and thought leaders in the technology arena. With the rapid evolution of the marketing world inside the online space and the growing relevance of "soft metrics" given social media's rise, the race to identify new analytics which can distinguish between causes and correlations is on. The goal of Ataway, whether in our annual conference or more frequent, smaller sessions is to foster the conversations and lead them to new ways of realizing conversions. For more information, visit www.atawayexchange.com.
Phone: +1-561-419- 2262
Cendyn is a cloud-based software and services provider that develops integrated technology platforms for driving sales and marketing performance in the travel and hospitality industry. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers the most complete set of innovative software and services in the industry, covering hotel marketing, guest engagement, group sales, and event management. With offices in Boca Raton, Atlanta, Boston, San Diego, Toronto, Whistler, London and Singapore, Cendyn proudly serves more than 30,000 clients in 143 countries with enterprise spend levels in excess of $1 billion. For more information on Cendyn, visit www.cendyn.com.