Uniguest Appoints Lodging Industry Veteran Paul Payette to Key Post
"The addition of Paul Payette to the Uniguest team further strengthens our connection with the lodging industry," said John Bearden, Uniguest chief executive officer. "Paul brings us valuable industry insights, technical knowledge and a deeper understanding of our lodging clients' needs."
Prior to joining Uniguest in May, Payette was chief innovation & partnerships officer for R66T Digital Media/OnSite Concierge of Henderson, Nev., where he navigated and negotiated complex business opportunities by building relationships with new and prospective clients. He also oversaw the development of company initiatives and led the company's business development, marketing and partnerships team.
From 2001 to 2009 he served Choice Hotels International of Rockville, Md., as senior director of business development. Prior to that, he was director of business development for Blackboard Inc. of Washington and acting vice president of Home Video & Music for Discovery Communications of Silver Spring, Md.
Payette received a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Maryland, College Park, and studied business at Harvard Business School, Boston. He is a decorated U.S. Air Force veteran.
His honors include the Choice Hotels International Sales Excellence award in 2003 and Rookie of the Year Award in 2001, Discovery Channel Sales Achievement Award in 1996 and 1994, the Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce Humanitarian Award and Airman's Medal for heroism, awarded by the U.S. Air Force.
Uniguest Inc., based in Nashville, provides an integrated package of hardware, software, content and support to help hoteliers deliver a consistent connectivity experience to their guests while protecting them from cyber-threats, viruses and malware.
Uniguest calls this approach "total content and device management," meaning it provides an end-to-end strategy from a single source for managing information and devices on property, whether powered by Apple, Android or Microsoft operating systems.
That includes designing the system architecture, developing software, procuring equipment, deploying systems, managing everything remotely, analyzing usage and supporting systems with 24/7 service.
Uniguest's product line includes:
- U-Connect business centers with public-access computers displaying content available in 18 of the most widely spoken languages that can be customized with multiple languages and currencies, date and time formats and specialized Internet content filtering.
- U-Sign digital information boards that provide up-to-the-second information including meetings and events, flight status, menus and weather.
- U-Local concierge station that provides information on all points of local interest on a 24/7 basis without the need for full-time staff.
- U-Mobile, a comprehensive, mobile device management solution for property-owned tablets and smartphones.
- U-Print, a secure mobile printing service that enables guests and employees alike to print documents from their smartphones, tablets and personal computers.
- U-Table, an Internet-enabled work surface designed to enhance productivity and social interaction.
- Boarding Pass Stations, where guests can securely check into flights and print boarding passes.
- Specialty printing for custom menus, guest directories, door hangers, name badges, room keys, folders and stationery, banners, posters and signs, all either fully managed or ad-supported.
Uniguest's proprietary integrated platform features three key elements – Unicore™, Secured Advantage™ and U-Crew™ – that function together to ensure a consistent, flexible, secure and reliable connectivity experience.
Unicore™ delivers relevant and timely information presented in a way that is consistent and supportive of each hotel's respective branding and business standards. Unicore enables hotel and brand management the ability to update content and populate the entire system within moments.
Unicore™ is fully compatible with the Windows 8, Android and Apple OS X and iOS operating systems.
The privacy and security of patrons who use Uniguest public-access computers in business centers and kiosks are protected by Secured Advantage™, a proprietary Uniguest product that ensures each digital touch point is used only for its intended purpose and is insulated from cyber-security threats, viruses and malware, all to protect users' privacy and data security.
Uniguest installations are supported by U-Crew™, a certified, extensively trained multilingual, U.S.-based, in-house technical support team that is available 24/7 to ensure equipment and software functions as intended and expected.
Uniguest is an authorized reseller for Apple OS X and iOS devices, Samsung and Acer Android tablets, Microsoft Windows 8 tablets, Lenovo desktop and laptop computers and tablets, Dell desktop and laptop computers and printers and Hewlett-Packard printers.
RDR PR LLC